Varicose veins?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Ok I was rubbing my legs last night, and I noticed that I have varicose veins. I am so upset about this. I wouldn't care if they were anywhere else, but I love my legs. I love how my legs look, but now I think they look gross. Is there anything I can do to get rid of these, or make them less noticeable?

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

May 10th, 2012, 06:48 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've got them too, but I've had them for a few years and both my mom and grandmother have them - it was inevitable...

I don't think there is much that can be done for them from a cosmetic standpoint - it is an enlarged vein due to blood pooling differently. if they hurt there is surgery that can be done.

I may go the surgery route at some point, because the ones behind my left knee are a bit painful.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
hikermama's Avatar Veteran
I have some pretty big ones in my left leg from my first pregnancy. They go down some after you have the baby but not totally away. Mine have been really popping out and I have alot of blood vessels breaking in my left foot so it looks a little gross.
May 10th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They will probably diminish quite a bit after the regnancy, but the down side is if you've had them in one pregnancy you're more likely to get them in subsequent pregnancies as well. I've never gotten even 1 yet. That's one thing I 'missed out' on so far

May 10th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
Me too! I HATE IT. I feel disgusting. I can't even wear shorts because I feel like the world is judging me and my gross legs.

May 11th, 2012, 02:25 AM
My mom had them too, and I keep expecting them to come every day...but my Mom's also vanished soon after the birth (my birth in fact ) So no worries, they won't be there forever. I'm working in a lab, and which I could prepare and use an application like the ELISA kit to find out about why some get it and some don't. but that's not my field of research.

Last edited by halle99; May 16th, 2012 at 12:21 AM.
May 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have some on my legs which is one reason i'm not comfortable wearing shorts. I started getting them around age 18!! Stupid genetics is to blame for mine. If they don't go away there is something you can do about them but i forget what its called and its not permanent from what i was told so you have to get it done again in the future if you want them to stay away. I saw a dermalogist awhile back and that's where i learned about it but decided not to. I'm hoping maybe some fake tanning spray will be enough to cover them up for now.

May 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not on my legs but I have vein issues elsewhere :TMI: and I'd take my legs any day!!

, ,,,,,,
May 14th, 2012, 08:51 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I have several spots on my right leg with the varicose veins, especially noticeable on my calf. I plan on having at least that one on my calf removed after this pregnancy. It is painful and way ugly. I hate wearing things that show my legs, but I've given in to the fact that I'm going to be pregnant in the heat of the summer and just have to deal with it. It bugs me ALL the time.

Mine have not gone away after pregnancy. I had a small spot before I was pregnant with my first and it's probably 5x that large now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search