My husband ticks me off!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Repti.Mom
  • 2 Post By Mrs_Crystal_K
  • 1 Post By amazing_love
  • 1 Post By Kasey36
  • 3 Post By amazing_love
  • 1 Post By momma_d

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else dealing with an annoying spouse? I work doing daycare all day..and when I come home..I make dinner and I ususally do the dishes..once in a while I ask him to do them..he say's he will and they never get done..So after doing all that last night I cleaned up the bathroom as well and did some laundry so my boys would have clean clothes to wear..I asked him to grab the diapers out of the dryer for me and pack the diaper bag while I was getting kids dressed..so he did..he put WET diapers in the diaper bag..Rather than say" hey..theyre still wet" and grab out backup diapers he just puts them in the diaper bag wet..He had several hrs before he had to work today so I imagine after I left he went back to bed..I get here..and and go to change my daughters diaper..and not only is she in need of a diaper..shes hungry..so I have wet diapers..I put her in a recieving blanket flat and grab her bag to make a bottle where I discover he's only packed me dirty bottles..Who the heck packs dirty bottles? I swear Im going to divorce this man or murder him before this little one is born..Why can't he grow up and help me out? UGH...

May 10th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Kasey36's Avatar Mommy of 2 soon :)
Oh bless your heart!! I am so sorry he is acting like that!! Did he act this way when you were pregnant with your 2nd child. It sounds like a long talk with him is in your future for sure before you end up hurting him!! Good luck!!

May 10th, 2012, 07:39 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would have killed him! litterally.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 10th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh he's done this since our oldest was born..he ticks me off so bad..he refuses to do housework(even had me outside mowing the lawn)..and if he does cook its macaroni and cheese..Im so irritated..

May 10th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be irate, to say the least. I hope you are able to talk some sense into him!!

May 10th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely something in your relationship that needs to be fixed- quicklike! You don't need to have 5 kids to care for!
momma_d and morethanamom4 like this.

May 10th, 2012, 01:10 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
men are useless.. the sooner you accept that, the easier life will be..

just kidding

sort of

sorry he's being a butthead. my dh is in another country so he can't annoy me at the moment

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

May 10th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh helllssssss no. I think it's time for a serious "Come to Jesus" talk. You need to set some boundaries.

My DH knows if I cook he does the dishes (and vice versa). And he'd be packing his bags if he ever told me to go out and mow the lawn after not helping with house chores.
Kasey36 and LuxRuin like this.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
May 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband is usually very helpful but of course there are annoying things from time to time, always is in a marriage. Communication seems necessary in your situation. I have some friends whose husbands rarely/never help around the house and they say the reasoning is because their mom always did everything for them so they expected the same when they got married. I understand that but also don't think it should be used as an excuse. Hope you figure out how to get him to help out more!
momma_d likes this.

May 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The post above is exactly the reason he is the way he is..his father was absent and never did anything around the house..he grew up seeing that and learned that its the womans job to do everything around the house and take care of the kids..He's an adult now though and he know's better..There is no talking to him..he just freaks out..I spent part of my last pregnancy separated from him and I'm thinking it would be wise to do so again...I just can't stand him in my house..ugh..

May 10th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
well iknow how you feel and have been dealing with the same thing. I work my butt of all day and he sits on his. Im trying to be nice bc he just took terminal leave from the army and this is his vaction time, but we just moved this week and i had to unpack it all after the movers moved us. He couldnt even do the living room had a pile of wires and cords and wass confused. So ive been pickign up alot im not supose to if i ask for help he gets mad and makes me feel bad. he goes fishign all day 14 hrs and i had to mow the grass and weedeat the property. so much to do when you move and we are leaving for a month vacation to go see his son so i have to get things in order here, but he throws his clothes on the floor, leaves his game system n stuff on the floor n controllers, and im sweeping n mopping the whole house 2 times a day bc he cant wipe his feet off or take his shoes off after he goes outside to smoke which is 2 packs a day and 40 times!!!!!!! im about to go nuts i clean all day, i wish i had time for a hobby or rest. i barely get a 5 minute break, fix all his meals and bring them to his lap, handle all the bills, and wash n hang clothes on line everyday and we have no kids in this house yet! i shouldnt have to do so much work to keep a house clean bc a man refuses to be an adult and maintain his personal space and things. noone cleans up after me and i try to tell hinm its very disrespectful to trash the house after i spend all day literally keeping it clean. i know how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to hit him sometimes! im trying so hard to get along and not fight but he wont help with crap and forget a back rub or foot rub that will never happen, and if i say i cant do something he says he knows other pregnant woman who hold jobs n work all day, i told him im doing manual labor not working in an office. and im having lots of pelvic bone pain on one side on the joint after moving and pushign myslef so hard but he has no sympathy for what he puts me through.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
May 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
OH HELL TO THE NO!! These husbands who act like that would have to go if it were me!!! A REAL man takes care of his woman and his kids!! He needs to understand he is suppose to live for his wife not for himself!!! Having a wife is a gift from GOD not somebody for him to treat like this! Makes me sad and sick at the same time for you and I thank God for my husband!!! He takes care of me everyday by working and making sure I am ok and we have been to hell and back trust me but he is a good man and if these men do not start treating you ladies like the queens you are then to hell with em!! I know you love them so I am not trying to be rude but it is just sad for you and your kids you have now not to mention the ones on the way!! I will pray it get's better for you!
momma_d likes this.

May 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its easy to say "Just leave the guy" but honestly it seems so many people give up on marriage too quickly now a days. After all, our men had all their characteristics before we married them so i find it hard to expect someone to change when you knew that's how they were all along. Again, i'm not trying to use that as an excuse for them. He needs to realize the importance of helping you out, maybe he doesn't get how much it means to you. Every guy is different and each stubborn in their own way.. communication is difficult for practically all of them but not impossible. Rather than just leaving maybe tell him that you need to get counseling and talk it through or you will not be able to have him around. Hopefully that would be enough to get through to him so he's willing to communicate.

May 11th, 2012, 10:07 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like a lot of the stuff ladies are saying and think they have made some great points from lots of different views!

I agree with Krista, though. It does sound like there needs to be some talking done, and if he doesn't hear it from you he needs to hear it from someone else, whether you go to counseling or something else. I haven't really been in a situation like this so I'm not sure what to recommend, but I hope you guys can work through your differences before the baby arrives!

I just was always really up front with Brian before we ever had kids that our parenting is shared, which means, equal diaper changes, feeding, rocking, disciplining, and most importantly, it isn't called "babysitting" when you are watching/caring for your own children! We have always been on the same page with this so I don't even know how I would deal with things if we weren't!
Kasey36 likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_love View Post
Its easy to say "Just leave the guy" but honestly it seems so many people give up on marriage too quickly now a days. After all, our men had all their characteristics before we married them so i find it hard to expect someone to change when you knew that's how they were all along. Again, i'm not trying to use that as an excuse for them. He needs to realize the importance of helping you out, maybe he doesn't get how much it means to you. Every guy is different and each stubborn in their own way.. communication is difficult for practically all of them but not impossible. Rather than just leaving maybe tell him that you need to get counseling and talk it through or you will not be able to have him around. Hopefully that would be enough to get through to him so he's willing to communicate.

I agree 100% don't just give up but also after so long and they will NOT change then it comes to that person to make a change for the better vs being sad and unhappy all the time.

May 11th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
Kick him in the jewels !!!!!! (that is if you feel you can dispose of them )

I don't know if he understands why you're being violent, but I want you to make him suffer physical pain. He deserves it !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search