Which Belly Band will U use PostPartum ??

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MJTKNT

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 10:53 AM
CoolMomof2's Avatar Veteran
Ladies, which belly band / Hip shrinker are you planning to use postpartum if any ?? Do you have any experience in the past ??My search on this term is not returning anything on this forum right now so not sure if this has been posted here before.

I did not use any belts after DD was born and I regret it a lot . This time I am even willing to buy a higher priced one and for me higher price may even go somewhere around 80 but there are just so many on Amazon . I really want to invest wisely and am not sure as reviews can go in any direction there . Some are :

Underworks Post Delivery Girdle Belt - Maternity Belt - Post Natal $ 16

Gabrialla Breathable Elastic Abdominal Binder for Women : $25

ShrinkX Hips : $55

Belly Bandit post pregnancy tummy wrap belly wrap : $55

The Cinch Postpartum Wrap Back Support Hip Shaper :$80

My Blog www.workingmaa.com

Last edited by CoolMomof2; May 10th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
May 10th, 2012, 12:16 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also didn't use a wrap with DS, and regret it. I really think it's an important partt of the post partum healing process. This time I'm going to buy a bellafit band. I've only read good reviews about them. Postpartum Girdle, belly wrap, medical compression garment, c?section recovery, exercise for c?section, after c?section, c?section pain, pregnancy and weight, baby weight
CoolMomof2 likes this.

May 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I had had something after my c/s. but I didn't use or need anything after Nate's birth.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 10th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never used one either. When I had my children no one spoke of these! I have read a lot about it this pregnancy though and I am definitely going to try one this time. I have no idea which one yet. I will more than likely do more research as well as price checking. Thanks for the links ladies!

May 10th, 2012, 12:41 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I've never needed or used one after my three sections, and never had any issues with healing. I was back to running 2 weeks after my c-sections with DS 2 and 3 because I healed so quickly and felt great. I've also never had an issue getting a flat stomach after the sections again (with hard work, of course) But, I would consider using it if I know more about them. Can someone give me a quick run-down of the believed benefits to using them? I would love to know more and I'm interested now! If it'll help heal even faster, then I'm all for it!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

May 10th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Frequently Asked Questions about Bellefit

May 10th, 2012, 01:02 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Thanks for that link! I'm on the fence about this, since I didn't have much of the trouble they described. I think I'm definitely going to talk more to my MW about them and see what she says, too.

Just curious, I have always been back to my pre-pregnancy size with all three DS's, at most, 4 weeks after birth. I can fit into all my old clothes right away, but I mean back into my old clothes and feeling pretty much back to normal, physically, at 4 weeks. Does anyone have a similar experience as me without the band, then tried the band with a subsequent pregnancy and found any benefit to it? I'd hate to invest so much into one only to find no significant benefit. Forgive my questions, just trying to gain more insight.

Thanks for sharing this ladies! I don't know if I would've even heard of this is it wasn't for you.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

May 10th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Actually , I have had a lot of difficulty getting back to shape after last pregnancy even with work outs .Before this pregnancy , I still had weight from 3 years back and a loose belly . I have seen friends / Family use bands/belts post-pregnancy and raving about them . So I want to try one of these this time along with my work outs just to accelerate the process . In recent issue of P&N magazine I read about the ShrinkX and that got me interested . Also saw a video of Good Morning America about the Cinch .

Quote:
I also didn't use a wrap with DS, and regret it. I really think it's an important partt of the post partum healing process. This time I'm going to buy a bellafit band. I've only read good reviews about them. Postpartum Girdle, belly wrap, medical compression garment, c?section recovery, exercise for c?section, after c?section, c?section pain, pregnancy and weight, baby weight
Thanks for the link !! Which one of the 3 you think is the best ? Zipper/Hooks/Pull-up??

May 11th, 2012, 02:52 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'm more interested in the hip shrinker. My body is all out of alignment since having my first baby. A friend of mine was able to go down a few pant sizes after giving birth. Only because she wore a girdle.

May 11th, 2012, 05:15 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Anything that says 'postpartum' will cost you more money. I've used this Amazon.com: Everlast For Her Slimmer Belt: Sports & Outdoors just to give me back support until my rectus abdominis lines back up.

May 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never considered one. I don't know much about them but will most likely skip it.

May 11th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMomof2 View Post
Thanks for the link !! Which one of the 3 you think is the best ? Zipper/Hooks/Pull-up??
I think it really depends on what kind of birth you have. The to the zipper or hooks is that it's not painful for a c-section mom to get into it. The pull up one is fine for vaginal deliveries. Everything I've read says that they come two days after you order them, so you can actually wait until you actually have the baby if you want and still get it soon enough for it to work some magic. I'm planning on a vaginal delivery, so I'm going to buy the pull up ones. I think I'm going to get the two package deal- one in the size I need at delivery, and one a size down for later on.

May 12th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJTKNT View Post
I think it really depends on what kind of birth you have. The to the zipper or hooks is that it's not painful for a c-section mom to get into it. The pull up one is fine for vaginal deliveries. Everything I've read says that they come two days after you order them, so you can actually wait until you actually have the baby if you want and still get it soon enough for it to work some magic. I'm planning on a vaginal delivery, so I'm going to buy the pull up ones. I think I'm going to get the two package deal- one in the size I need at delivery, and one a size down for later on.
Thanks a lot !! I'll most probably be doing the same !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search