Due date change..

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone had their due date changed at their 20 week ultrasound? as you all know by now I had mine on tuesday and found out I am having another little boy..I was also told I was measuring about a week ahead(nothing abnormal) but at my doc today..he did tell me if I am measuring ahead at my next ultrasound next month he will probably change my due date..This happened with my daughter too so nothing shocking..but I got to thinking about it..I remember when my last period was..and I remember when I would have supposedly ovulated..and that would make my cycle really short..I had this problem for a while before and was told I was having anovulatory cycles as I was getting my period every 2 weeks..but if thats the case I most definitely ovulated with my last period but HOW?LOL..no idea why I started thinking of this today..I think maybe because this was a very unplanned pregnancy and I should not have ovulated the week I did so we didnt use any alternative protection(other than my mini pill)...so Im stuck scratching my head..sorry..random rantings of a pregnant woman..LOL

May 10th, 2012, 05:48 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Not sure how commonplace of thinking this is in medical circles, but my MW usually only moves due dates based on early measurements in U/S. Her opinion is that measurements can be all over the place later in pregnancy, and tend to be more inaccurate of actual gestational age after about 12 or so weeks. I was measuring over a week ahead, as well, at my 20wk U/S and she left my EDD alone (and if she went by the weight alone, Bailey was about 2+wks ahead).

I guess the only real concern would be if he bumped up your EDD based on the 20wk U/S then they may consider you late and push for induction before you're, in reality, even technically late yet.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

May 10th, 2012, 09:30 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Katie said EXACTLY what I was going to say!!!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
May 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Super Mommy
I wish I could be of more help, however, even when I ask, my U/S tech tells me that he 'looks fine' so I really don't know! Lol.

May 11th, 2012, 02:06 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Mine did, but it just made it closer to the date I picked. I was guessing 8/31 based on ovulation, but my doc insisted on 8/24. After my u/s it's 8/30.

}
May 11th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Hm, I did not hear my doctor say anything about changes of dates. But I think a fully precise calculation is not possible anyway, the percentage of births on the exact due date is probably very low. I am more concerned about the rhesus factor thing or diabetes, it's a family thing... but I know there is a therapy with antibodies which can prevent complications.

Last edited by halle99; November 7th, 2012 at 01:03 AM.
May 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I won't let them change my due date, haha. My 1st u/s i was measuring a few days off and i left my EDD alone, they didn't seem to care. Baby was measuring 3 days ahead at 19 weeks and again nothing was changed. I know my LMP and the exact day of ovulation so i definitely trust my own body over an estimate, which is all the u/s measurement is.

May 11th, 2012, 09:49 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I measured a week ahead at my 20 week u/s yesterday but I don't think they will change my dates, even though it is the due date I told them I thought I should be at from the beginning based on when we conceived! I could care less either way because I don't want to be induced and I doubt I will make it to my "given due date" they have on record (which is Sept 30th) when by conception I would be due Sept 21st and by LMP I would be due Sept 27th. Either way they have it all jacked up! lol!

Edited to add: I kind of figured I would be measuring ahead at this u/s because it is physically impossible that I got pregnant based on a due date of Sept 30th. I am still using my LMP as my go to date though mainly because I'm not sure what to go by and it doesn't really matter anyways since less than 5% of babies even come on their DDs!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Last edited by momma_d; May 11th, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
May 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think it should matter much either way, many people consider themselves 'full term' at 37 weeks, so if you allow the doc to push induction the baby would still be "full term".
I am pretty sure that this baby was conceived on new years eve that would make him/her due the 23rd, but the 26th is so close it doesn't even matter. Plus this time I really want to avoid that evil pitocin.

May 11th, 2012, 02:23 PM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
My due date was moved after my 9 wk u/s, though I didn't know it until they went to do the anatomy scan at 21 wks (the tech was reading off my chart and said "oh you're due 8/25" and I was like "I am?" lol) I stuck around here because I really don't know when I'll deliver and by 21 weeks into the pregnancy I was already so attached to this DDC that I couldn't leave! My biggest concern is the doctor trying to induce me early...but I'll cross that bridge when it's time.

May 11th, 2012, 03:28 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
My doctor told me that even if she measures ahead my dd will not change. I guess it depends on doctors.
May 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
It's pretty standard practice to use first trimester ultrasound to date a pregnancy. After that it's not as accurate because growth rate varies.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
May 13th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mason is measuring over a week ahead, but they did not change the due date as of yet.

May 13th, 2012, 08:08 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well my dr originally put my due date as the 12th (according to LMP), I told him I knew that was off because I had been charting and knew when I ovulated and I KNEW my due date should be the 17th. When they did the 1st ultrasound they said they would move my due date because it was only 2 days off of what I said was the due date...but they never specified 15 or 19...I assumed 19th When I went in for my 21 week ultrasound (at a different location) they asked my due date and I told them I wasn't sure what my dr had listed but I was going by the 17th still. So they went with that and I was only measuring 1 day off of that at the 18th. So, I still don't know what my dr has as my due date, but whenever anyone asks I'm still sticking with the 17th

May 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like the other ladies here, the baby measured a week ahead at my 17 week U/S, but my due date did not get changed.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
May 13th, 2012, 05:05 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My experience has been they wont change your due date after 10 weeks because before then it is all about weight gain/measurement appropriate for the estimated gestational age. So instead of saying "baby is x big so you are x weeks" it is "baby is x weight which is healthy for x weeks" Additionally your 'due date' is always variable by 2 weeks in either direction since sperm can live for 7 days in the vagina and implantation can take up to 10 it makes a lot of variability. As long as baby looks good and you're not continuously getting bigger (or smaller) for that gestational age etc. it's usually not an issue. But hey if they do it wont make a big difference baby will come when they want to

Thanks*Sharon*for our beautiful siggy!

, , ,,,

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search