So who...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
...has a date for their baby shower if they're having one?

Are you excited? Who's coming?

May 13th, 2012, 01:18 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
All my fun is over, which is okay since I hadn't planned on having even one

My last day at work in Florida the girls threw me a work shower and then DH's family threw me one in Pennsylvania while we were visiting. They were both on the small side, but Ava got a LOT of stuff and we're so fortunate to have the help because baby stuff adds up fast! I guess being a FT mom comes along with a lot of unnecessary costs too though.
May 13th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
June 23rd here. And I guess it's still up in the air if we are having a 2nd one THAT I WILL BE INVITED TOO OR THEY CAN SHOVE IT. Later with SO's side of the family

May 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're having ours on June 10th! And I cannot wait! It's been so hard not to buy stuff and whenever I do I get yelled at by family and/or friends telling me "wait till your shower!". My mom and mother in law are throwing a joint one and there is roughly 60 people invited. I have a pretty large family and my grandma always insists you invite EVERYBODY. (we did however cut it, because lets be honest, you can't go inviting EVERYBODY lol)

May 13th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My best friend has offered to throw me one, but we haven't organised anything yet.

May 13th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
June 9th is ours. My bff showed me all the stuff she's bought for it (decor, etc) and I'm so excited about it!
May 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
June 24. My SO's aunt is throwing it for me and its just family - mostly their family (who I know very well) plus my mom, my step mom and my step sister.

I know I have some friends who want to attend a baby shower for me but unless one of them decides to throw one, or unless my mom decides to throw one, I think they're going to be out of luck. I know the guest list is already kind of long and I don't think its fair to ask his aunt to host my friends as well, so I won't be asking that of her.

Pinterest
Flickr
May 13th, 2012, 04:02 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I've been told that my friend is having one for me (which surprised me, since this is my 4th!) but she hasn't told me the date yet, it will probably be in July though.
May 13th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Friends from work are throwing me a shower on June 7. It's becoming much larger than I had expected. It's pretty early, but I work at a college so they wanted to be able to include as many folks as possible before the summer break and our faculty disappear. It's fine by me because then we'll have plenty of time to purchase all remaining items we need.

Unfortunately, all of my family and a lot of my close friends are scattered across the country, and only my SIL lives West of the Mississippi. So I won't be having a family shower.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
May 13th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
My super awesome friends from my old job surprised me last weekend with a surprise shower! It was amazing and perfect and I had no idea!

My mom is holding one for me but wants to hold it after since we're not finding out gender. I really wish she would hold it before so I know what else we need to get, but I guess we've got the majority of what we *need* for the first few weeks.

DH's mom told us she wouldn't hold one since we've already bought our big stuff. DH was explaining to her all the little stuff we still need, so now she's going to send us some money that we can buy whatever we want that no one else has bought us, but she still doesn't want to hold one. DH's aunt held my wedding shower for his side of the family so its possible one of them may still do that for us, but no dates nailed down.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 14th, 2012, 07:02 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
At the end of the month, I'm somewhat excited my Mum is busy moving but once shes settled she will finish doing the planning-so I'm a little nervous at the moment Its my first ever baby shower
aubers68 likes this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
May 14th, 2012, 08:02 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Not even in my thought process. Right now I'm focused on T's party and Kevs graduation the day after. If I do end up with one, it won't be till mid June at least. I don't plan on throwing it, I know the girls want to throw me one, but that means they're going to need help. I don't know who's going to offer them help.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

May 14th, 2012, 09:27 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH's family and friends are throwing me one in his hometown on June 16 and then my friends and family are doing one the next weekend on June 24 so back to back baby madness!

May 14th, 2012, 10:07 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister and a good friend are co-hosting one for me... But then I wanted to be part of it because I realy didn't want them to spend a lot of money on me... Plus I wanted to have all of my friends to celebrate baby too so it'll be co-ed....
June 30th would be 4 month prior to my due date... Hope that I would be ok by then to help entertain....
May 14th, 2012, 10:38 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been fighting with my family because I don't really want another shower...but they're insisting. I think we've decided to have a Memorial Day BBQ/shower. People can bring stuff but hopefully we won't be playing to many shower games (I'd be fine with none, lol) and the focus would be more on the holiday than with me.

May 14th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No baby shower for me, the girls on base want to throw me one, but this is baby four. Other than diapers there is NOTHING I need.

May 14th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I believe my office baby shower is on June 9th! I have 250 co-workers, but I am not sure who is coming. A co-worker is organizing it.

My BF is also organizing one for my friends and family. I am not sure about that one.

May 14th, 2012, 01:37 PM
georgiabrit's Avatar Super Mommy
A really lovely friend here (school mom of my son's best friend) is going to throw me a shower - i don't know many people here so it'll be quite small, but i don't need many gifts, i'm just happy to have the little gathering!

May 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Super Mommy
My mom, sister and cousin are throwing me one but its not until July 7th. about a month before my due date, cutting it a little close but thats how they do baby showers in my family..never to early, always about a month before the due date and so far so good..we shall see..im defiently excited for it, we will be having about 85-100 people. both of our sides combined.

May 14th, 2012, 02:20 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is June 24th! I can't wait

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search