Are you supplementing your maternity wardrobe for the summer?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By aubers68
  • 2 Post By Ever

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
In my first pregnancy I really hadn't thought too much about buying cool clothes for the summer so I ended up having to buy more stuff as a "second wind" of maternity clothes.

This time, I remembered and bought mostly summery stuff to begin with so I'm faring better.

What about you? Are you buying any extras if the weather is getting warmer for you now? What about swimming costumes / shorts etc?

May 27th, 2012, 07:41 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have already bought 2 swim suits... the first one we bought for our vacation in April... which in the south it was hot but here in MI it was far from summer weather... well, I already grew out of it(its too short and shows my lower belly) and needed a new one for our summer here. So that makes 2. I've bought a few tanks and a few capris but I feel like I just keep getting bigger and growing out of them so quickly... I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 3 months when it's super hot here.... maybe I'll live in my swim suit!
Cylence likes this.

May 27th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
DS is a June baby but most of those clothes are too big. I pick items up here and there - I'm not really one to just buy a whole bunch of clothing at once.
May 27th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm actually getting really frustrated about this! I've been searching non-stop for days trying to find clothes that are affordable to get me through this season. Right now I'm stuck in jeans and it's killing me. I bought some second hand t-shirts in a larger size so that will help a bit, but I really need some shorts.

If it's this warm already this summer is going to be scorching. I really don't want to have to spend $50+ on one pair of shorts!! I just don't have the money, and I think it's a ridiculous amount to spend on shorts anyhow!!
Corrupt and Cylence like this.
May 27th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I almost exclusively bought spring/summery maternity clothes, so I shouldn't need to buy anything more for the summer. I'm having way too much fun spending $ on Jackson to want to spend a single cent more on myself.

I might buy a new bathing suit, as we have a pool in our neighborhood, and I'll have every Friday off work from mid-June until the baby is born. So three days to be able to swim in the pool for exercise sounds awesome. I have a couple of older swimsuits (two-pieces) that used to be too big for me, but I imagine they fit me now. I have to check it out because I want to hit that pool the first Friday I have off!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
May 27th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the same way. I don't want to have to waste money on clothes I'll only wear for a few months when I can spend it on our kids who really need clothes!
May 27th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope- plan to make due!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

May 27th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought mostly summer stuff already, since it's been hot here for months. I may buy one or two things to wear for maternity pictures though.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
May 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a pair of maternity shorts. I am really trying to not buy much and don't plan on buying anything else unless I have to. I will totally rock a bikini before I spend money on a bathing suit I will only be able to wear for a few weeks!
May 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I got a bathing suit and another skirt (not as much a fan of shorts), as well as buying a pair of capris a while ago. The rest of the tops I got will last me in the summer, I can still wear dress pants to work since its air conditioned, and then the remainder of the time I'll wear clothes that are too big for me from my friend that are all summery, but too big for me.....which is MUCH better than being too tight!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 27th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I hear you girls about the price of maternity stuff, it's ridiculous. There are certain things, like my nightie and PJs, where I've just bought cheap ones from Asda (like Walmart) in the next size up from my normal size and they are really comfortable. IF I was buying a swimsuit I would do the same, but I'm not. We may go to the seaside if it's nice next week but I'll just roll up my pants and paddle. I'm no swimmer anyway.

I also hear those of you who've been growing out of stuff. Some of my maternity tops are riding up now I'm getting bigger - presumably because I'm carrying right out front - and it's like, heck do I need to buy some stuff in the next size up in MATERNITY stuff? But I'm hoping not to have to. If I do, it will be from Ebay.

May 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I will probably buy a pair of shorts and maybe another tank top or two, but I have a fair bit of clothes (not maternity, but loose or empire waist) that still fit me right now. I have a few old pairs of shorts that I plan to convert into maternity clothes too.
May 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I'm not going to spend a whole lot of money on anything but maybe pick something up here and there if I run across some good deals. Unless I out grow everything I have left, then maybe I just shouldn't leave the house!
May 28th, 2012, 03:35 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im in Ireland - its sunny now but god only knows how long it will last. so no i wont be buying any more maternity clothes for the summer other than sweatpants and shorts because my leggings and jeans are just too uncomfortable.

...and baby number 2

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search