Earliest Pregnancy Symptoms

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What were the first pregnancy symptoms you got?

BTDT mamas, was it different with previous pregnancy(ies)?

May 29th, 2012, 12:26 PM
NICURNmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With both the boys, the first symptom was exhaustion. With baby girl, it was nausea. This pregnancy has taken the prize for being the most memorable...
May 29th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Don't laugh....I was burping.

I don't ever burp. But I was burping. And that's what prompted me to go out and buy a test. AF wasn't due for a few days but I was so sure since I was burping.
MosaicWife likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Veteran
This is my first pregnancy. I remember having cramps actually...so thinking my period would come...they were weird though so I should have known. They were slightly different. Other than that - fatigue, increased appetite, sensitive to smells, nausea with no vomiting, horrible congestion/allergies.
May 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
With Audrey is was food aversion and sense of smell.

With Sam it was feeling her kick. Didn't know I was pg until I was 14 weeks. Breastfeeding can do that.

This time is was my sense of smell.
Sherry777 likes this.
May 29th, 2012, 12:43 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I noticed my bbs getting bigger. That and peeing all the time and cramps. This is my first though so nothing to compare it to.

May 29th, 2012, 12:53 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first symptoms were sore boobs and extreme exhaustion.
May 29th, 2012, 12:54 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I honestly would have never thought I was pregnant if I hadn't been testing like a mad woman. There were really no symptoms to speak of, I only threw up once, but I'm 99% sure that was due to me taking my prenatal on an empty stomach with only one swig of water and then hopping in the car to drive to my doctor appointment. I guess that's why the 3rd trimester is not being very kind to me.
May 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oddly enough, the first indication that I had that something was "off" was constipation. The weekend before my first missed period (which was Thanksgiving weekend), I got really constipated and that is totally abnormal for me. Luckily, I've been completely regular since then so I guess it was just a freak hormonal occurence. Looking back, I was kind of tired that weekend too but I was battling a cold so I blamed it on that.

May 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
With this baby, the very first symptom was itchy and sore BBs closely followed by all-day every-day nausea.

With Daniel, the very first symptom was an unmistakeable metallic taste in my mouth, closely followed by evening nausea and going off most things I normally liked to eat and drink.

May 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Exhaustion and cramping. But I tested super early both times since we were TTC and charting. For the most part I knew I was pregnant before I had many symptoms....other than the ones I imagined and made myself crazy with.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
May 29th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
It was always the heightened sense of smell for me. Then the sore breasts and moodiness would kick in- even before I was officially late.

May 29th, 2012, 03:44 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
T I don't recall, Kev was painful breast, same with this one painful breast.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

May 29th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
We had been trying to conceive, so I knew when I ovulated and how many DPO. At 5-6 DPO, I had pains in my left ovary that I'd never had before during the 2WW. We were also on vacation at the time, and I was utterly exhausted. We were in Maui, and I was boogy boarding in the ocean. I have a lot of stamina, but I was just completely wiped out after 30 minutes. I fell asleep every night before 10pm. And the third thing was a ridiculous acne breakout on my chest, which has never happened to me before. I had about 100 tiny pimples all over. I just knew I was pregnant, and I sure enough got my BFP when we got back home a few days later.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
May 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Being really tired and missing my period.
May 29th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Super Mommy
I had reeaaally sore bbs and cramps( thought AF was comming any day) but i tested just to put my mind at ease(thought it would be negative.lol) and taaa daaa positive then the exhaustion kicked in biiig time..

May 29th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD I felt like I was coming down with something. I had chills one night, woke up early the next morning and had a humungous cold sore! I mean huge. I didn't know I was pregnant for another week or so.

With this pregnancy, I was very thirsty early on, like days past ovulation. Then I got very hungry, and I started having some heartburn which I don't have usually. I wondered if I might be pregnant with those symptoms but it wasn't even 12 DPO so I didn't want to test yet. At 12 DPO I got my cold sore, and I knew. I tested the next morning just to confirm, and got my BFP right away.
May 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were TTC and I was temping... at about 7DPO I had a horrible food aversion towards my moms home made chicken noodle soup... usually one of my favs.... I didn't put it together until I got my BFP at 11DPO... next was extreme exhaustion

May 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
katiebear's Avatar Ryder's BIGGEST Fan!!
Send a message via AIM to katiebear Send a message via Yahoo to katiebear
Itchy boobs with both DS 1 and Elliana... as well as exhaustion and increased appetite.
May 29th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
With my first I figured it out when my period was late, like 2 months late.

With my second I think I was also late, but only by 1 month.

With my third I had the worst heartburn ever and I told my gramma before I found out that if I didn't know better I would think I was pregnant. And I was talking to a lady when I went to pick up a prescription of percocet from the base pharmacy, she asked if I was pregnant and I said no, she said something about you never know I could see you back here in 9 months with a baby. A couple weeks later I tested because I wasn't sure if I was 6 days late or 20 days late.

With this one we were trying to get pregnant, so I found out before my missed period. I was optimistic about it being positive, we only dtd once and had a confirmation of ovulation the day after from an ultrasound. I didn't even think we'd actually caught the egg. If we weren't trying I might not have found out for a while since my periods were very sporadic before getting pregnant and I had almost no symptoms until my second trimester.

Overall though, I think the heartburn from now on will be a big indicator, since I have acid reflux disease, and being pregnant only makes it 100x worse.

Scarlett Diane

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search