Low Carb Recipes for GD mamas

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I figured I would start a post with recipes that I'm making to manage my diabetes If anyone wants to add, please do!!!

For dessert, I'm making mini cheesecakes with sweet topping (makes 12)
2 blocks of cream cheese
1/2 cup splenda
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

soften the cream cheese and add the remaining ingredients. Beat until smooth. Pour into cupcake liners (I use metal as they work best with cheesecakes) and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

TOPPING:
1/2 container (16oz) of cream cheese (full fat)
1/8 cup splenda
splash of vanilla

Mix together and after cupcakes are done, top each with a dollop of mixture. Bake another 5-10 minutes.

2 net carbs per cupcake

SO.YUMMY!!! I eat one every night as my dessert and it totally satisfies my sweet tooth!! Keep them in the freezer and just pull one out a few minutes ahead of time and enjoy

June 14th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Breakfast Bacon, Egg and Cheese muffins:

5 strips of bacon
shredded cheese of your choice
Egg Beaters (you can use egg whites or regular eggs too)
salt and pepper to taste

Microwave (or however you make bacon) until crisp. Once cooled, crumble into small piece. Spray a cupcake pan with Pam, then add some of the bacon and shredded cheese to each muffin. If you are using egg beaters, just pour in 2/3 of the way full, add salt and pepper to each. If using eggs, whisk the eggs and salt pepper together, add to each muffin as above.

Bake 375 for about 25 minutes or set. Cool on a cooling rack, then transfer to a ziplock bag to store in fridge.

Serving Size is 2 muffins for breakfast. If it's more convenient, put two in a sandwich baggie so you can grab and go. ENJOY!!!!!

June 21st, 2012, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bake:

1lb ground turkey (or beef)
1 onion chopped
freshly chopped garlic
Jar of Light Spaghetti Sauce
Parm cheese
Shredded cheddar cheese
Oregano (or italian seasonings)
3lb spaghetti squash

Start by cutting the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out all the seeds and place open side down in a microwavable safe bowl with about an inch of water in it. Cover and cook for around 10 minutes. You shiuld be able to pierce the skin with a fork easily. Set aside and let cool. Take a fork and shred the squash making it look like spaghetti. Place in a colondar and drain while preparing rest.

Put a tbsp of olive oil in a pan and saute onions and garlic for a few minutes, then add meat and cook through. Add jar of sauce and let stand to thicken. Add in the squash and mix together. Spoon into an 8x8 baking dish, top with parm cheese first, then shredded cheese.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.

Not sure of the carb count because of the various spaghetti sauces but it's not high.

Last edited by Lyz; June 21st, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
June 23rd, 2012, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
snacks:

cottage cheese with sugar free jelly
cut up block cheese with pepperoni (my go to snack right now)
celery and peanut butter
ranch dip with celery (you can try carrots too)
apple slices with peanut butter (some will be able to tolerate the fruit, others won't)
Atkins bars are fine
nuts (like almonds and walnuts...I buy the indiviudal packs to keep on me)

June 23rd, 2012, 07:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Crockpot Chicken:

This is honestly the one thing that has gotten me through lunches this week. I first made salsa chicken, which was just adding frozen chicken breasts (4) into the crockpot and pour salsa on top. Cook on low for about 6 hours (may need more time depending on the thickness of chicken) and then I shredded it. For dinner that night I used the chicken in low carb tortilla wraps with sour cream, cheese, lettuce and taco sauce. YUMMY!! Since it's just the two of us, I had lots of leftover and threw some on salads for DH and I for the next two days.

Then I made Italian chicken the same way as above but used bottled italian dressing (check for the lowest carb one you can find) and ate it that night with broccoli and cheese and a side of Dreamfields rotini noodles buttered. Use the leftover chicken for salads.

You can do this with pork or beef too, although I don't eat much pork and no beef so I won't be posting recipes with them in it

I also cut up all my salad stuff and put in separate ziplock baggies to make assembling the salads easier each day.

June 23rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I have one

For those of us that miss potato's

Collie flower puree: you boil/ steam the collie flower then mash it or blend it like you do for mashed potatoes it has almost no carbs!

Also with collie flower place the collie flower in the oven sprinkled with a tiny bit of olive oil and bake until golden and outside is crispy the consistency is like that of french fries and it is sooo tasty!!

June 23rd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was going to post a recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust after I tried it tonight!!!

ok, this gave me serious heartburn but it was still yummy

Cauliflower Crust Pizza:
Preheat oven to 450. Cut up a head of cauliflower into florets and put in a food processor to "rice" it. Mix together one cup of cauliflower, one cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 egg. Grease a cookie sheet and spread out mixture to make a crust. Bake 12-15 minutes. Take out and top with favorite pizza toppings and broil on high for about 3-5 minutes or cheese is bubbly. Be sure to use precooked toppings!

Last edited by Lyz; June 24th, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
June 24th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I might have to try that I made pizza the other day with whole weat crust that was really goood!

June 24th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So tomorrow I am going to try a no noodle lasagna with zuchinni and I am going to be making a homemade chicken soup if I like the recipies I will share.

June 28th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
GD recipes

That is the link to my pintrest board. I have a breakfast coffee cake that I am going to try, and a few others on there. I will be adding more over the next few days.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

July 4th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I found some interesting info on green tea to help keep glucose levels normal. I started drinking green tea today instead of coffee, and my numbers were a lot better. The one thing I found is that I have to drink it before eating my meals for it to do the most good. I also don't put anything in it. I just use Lipton green tea bags to make a pitcher of tea, and that way I can just pour a glass to drink while I am making my meals. Let me know if you try it and if it works for you.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

July 5th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Interesting about the green tea after payday when I go grocery shopping I might just have to pick some up! green tea is good and mild without any sweetener in it so that would be cool especially for breakfast when my numbers are usually the highest.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search