changing table

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fairymommy
  • 1 Post By Sun0912

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok ladies, what do you think? Which changing table should we get?

This one:
SPOLING Changing table - IKEA

It's polyester and machine washable. I thought it would be a good idea for when Hannah has her more explosive/messy moments.

Or should I go for something a little more classic:
SUNDVIK Changing table - IKEA

With this one I could put some small storage bins underneath for clean diapers and everything else.

Both of these would fit the space I have selected perfectly.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
June 15th, 2012, 08:47 PM
fairymommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I like the first one a lot! I have never seen one like that, and I think it looks great! I also like the storage on it better than just the big shelves on the second one.
THE angry uterus likes this.
June 15th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do like the first better, look wise.Im not sure its gonna be sturdy enough for a long time, like the other, but it looks great
June 15th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisztina View Post
I do like the first better, look wise.Im not sure its gonna be sturdy enough for a long time, like the other, but it looks great
Do you question it's stability because it's foldable? I think that's another feature I like about it. It would make for easy storage in our small apartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymommy View Post
I like the first one a lot! I have never seen one like that, and I think it looks great! I also like the storage on it better than just the big shelves on the second one.
I like the storage too. I can put wipes, powder, bum cream, and changing pads each in its own pocket. I might have to buy a storage container of some kind that will only take up 2/3 of the bottom shelf for clean diapers so that I have room for the pail underneath as well.

7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
June 16th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Sun0912's Avatar Veteran
I love the first one! Now I'm thinking about getting it to use in the living room. I love the pockets!
THE angry uterus likes this.

June 16th, 2012, 09:04 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I've used the first one a lot, it's very sturdy. I like it because I love being able to fold stuff away. I think this one is better for sposie users though, there's not much space for cloth diaper stuff.

I have one like the second one and I like it because I have the little IKEA bins underneath full of stuff and my wetbag hangs on the side.

It's a toss up though. Either way, they'll both be useful and cute, lol.

June 16th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG! I LOVE that first one! Its cute, it's foldable, its cheap... I think it will be fine sturdy wise. I mean its no different then a folding chair...
June 20th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
I like the first one
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

June 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I'm going with the first one! I told my SMIL and she said they will be heading to an IKEA in the next few weeks. A part of me worries we won't get it before Hannah comes, but at the same time I know I can live without it for the first few days. I won't even receive my diapers until July 6th, so I have nothing to set it up with. I'm glad I'm getting a changing table though. At first I didn't want one. I figured I can use any flat surface to change her on since I have changing pads, but I like to be organized and it'll be nice to have a designated place to change her, especially in the middle of the night.

7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search