Bras?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ElizMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2012, 09:25 AM
mrsshaffer's Avatar Veteran
I am trying to decide what to do about my current bra situation... I bought new bras about 3 or 4 months into pregnancy when my old ones stopped fitting. I got nursing bras thinking they would take me through the pregancy and then I could use them once the baby came. Well, now those pregnancy bras that I bought are uncomfortably small, and I'm concerned about what to do when the baby gets here and my milk comes in. I'm sure I'll be quite a bit bigger then, and I'd like to prepare now. Should I go get fitted and then buy bras that are a cup size or two larger than that? I've also seen those bra extenders with the extra hooks, would one of those be a good solution? What does everyone else usually do or plan to do about bras once the baby comes?

June 16th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My milk will come in, but after the engorgement period it will likely go back down (for me). I don't plan on getting any larger sizes. If you do get larger cup sizes, save the ones you have cause when I was maybe 6 mo into nursing, the girls went down in size, and I went down a cup size. I'm not sure if it's just cause I lost the pregnancy weight or what.

If the cups are okay, then you might want to just consider the extentions. Your ribs are expanding due to the baby and large uterus and will go back down in time.

But getting fitted never hurts too. If you go someplace like Motherhood maternity and get fitted they can also advise you.
June 16th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Veteran
I went to Motherhood Maternity and they helped tremendously! Right now I have 4 nursing bras that fit. Thankfully I never went through the engourgement issue with DD1 or DD2 I, reluctantly, bought 2 nursing sports bras and 2 regular bras. I have never liked sports bras but did so on the advise of the Motherhood staff. I love them!! They are the most comfortable bras, even when it is time to nurse/pump!

I would go into a maternity store and have them help you. They will tell you what you need or if the bra extenders will work for you.

Good luck!
THE angry uterus likes this.
June 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Know that feeling It stinks. I go through about 3 cups sizes during pregnancy, post partum, and breastfeeding in general. I just buy new sizes and use which ever cup size fits as they go up and down. When I'm done I resell to recoup some of the $$ spent on them.
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

June 20th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would get something comfy....Target has some comfy nursing bras that are like $8-$10. Get two to get you through the birth and engorgment stage. See where you are after that and if you plan on BFing, splurge on 2-3 nice nursing bras.
June 20th, 2012, 02:02 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I tend to just wear tanks with a shelf or nursing tanks for the early weeks. I have large breasts, and they fluctuate SO much while I nurse. I have just about every bra size sitting around my house now... usually only one or two fit at a time, but it is what it is. Not only is it because of nursing, but my breasts are the FIRST place my weight fluctuates, and my weight goes up and down a lot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search