Birth Control

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ~*Amy*~
  • 1 Post By Krisztina
  • 1 Post By therevslady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What form of birth control do you plan to use after baby's arrival?

Are you planning to breastfeed? If so, is your decision of birth control affected by this?

How long do you plan to wait before you have more children?

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

June 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM
kcmommy2be's Avatar Round #2 here we go
What form of birth control do you plan to use after baby's arrival? I'm sure someone is gonna cringe when reading this, but we aren't planning on using birth control until we are satisfied with the size of our family (We'd like 3 or 4 kids) So none for right now

Are you planning to breastfeed? If so, is your decision of birth control affected by this? Yes I am planning to breastfeed and I have heard good and bad about having another child while breastfeeding. There is a chance it will take longer for us to have another child, and there is also a chance it can make you "more" fertile... so we shall see.

How long do you plan to wait before you have more children? My ideal plan is to start trying again in January. I'd like to lose the weight I gained this pregnancy plus about 30 lbs more so the next pregnancy isn't so hard on my body, however realistically I know that I may not be able to lose that much that fast AND since I don't wanna go on BC (seems kinda pointless to go on BC for only 6 months and then it take another 6 months to actually be able to concieve) we may end up pregnant again before that time... just gonna see what happens, but I'd like to be *done* with being pregnant by the time I'm 35 and I'll be 31 in October, kinda cuttin it close LOL

June 19th, 2012, 02:09 PM
~*Amy*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The tubes are getting tied at the time of my c-section. After baby girl arrives our family will be complete. That and I don't think that I could handle another pregnancy both physically or mentally.
Starr33 likes this.

Thank you cavewoman for my amazing siggie!!

Please don't mention on FB!
2 Angels in Heaven...Always remembered
Wanna go to Florida?>>>> MY FLORIDA GETAWAY
June 19th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I plan to breastfeed and because of that, I plan to use to hormone free IUD.
June 19th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Well_Okay's Avatar Super Mommy
Leaning towards the copper IUD at the moment

Are you planning to breastfeed? If so, is your decision of birth control affected by this?
Breastfeeding or not, hormonal bc makes me miserable and I got pregnant on the pill this time so I think a change might be good even if it was a fluke.

If we do have another we won't try for another 18mos to 2 years at the earliest

Mommy to DS 9 and DD 8. Happily Married to my best friend
Nikolai born July 18, 2012
“Because,' she said, 'when you're scared but you still do it anyway, that's brave.”
― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

June 19th, 2012, 03:57 PM
mrsshaffer's Avatar Veteran
What form of birth control do you plan to use after baby's arrival? DH and I are still discussing this. We really like the idea of NFP and were using that method before we started trying for this baby. I definitely don't want to risk getting pregnant very soon after this, though, so I'm not sure. We are discussing Mirena, but I would like to do some more research into the side effects, etc.

Are you planning to breastfeed? If so, is your decision of birth control affected by this? Yes, I am planning to breastfeed. It's not really affecting my decisions about birth control, though.

How long do you plan to wait before you have more children? Originally DH and I wanted children about two years apart, but after being pregnant for what seems like FOREVER, I'm thinking I'd like to wait longer. Maybe 3 years or so.

June 19th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We will use LAM and natural family planning (sympto/thermal method using TCOYF charting software). Breastfeeding doesn't really affect our decision. We are done having children.

Last edited by THE angry uterus; June 19th, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
June 19th, 2012, 08:39 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do plan on breastfeeding and want to ask about taking a BCP while doing so. There is one called Micronor that can be taken while breastfeeding, but at the same time I like the idea of giving my body a break from all the hormones for a while. I had just taken them for 4 years and was only off of them for 4 months before conceiving. Plus because Micronor is progesterone ONLY I'm not sure how my body would react to that. It could make me really miserable as I had a hard time finding a BCP that worked well for me. It's something I plan on asking my midwife about it at my next appointment, or at least ask her if I should be asking her or my OB or my family doc about it.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
June 19th, 2012, 10:12 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
I plan to ask about the mini pill, but we are planning something permanent after about 6 months. Either he or I will be fixed and we just want to make sure that we are 100% first.

I am planning to BF. I guess it does influence it, since I have heard that the mini pill is compatible with BF. BUT, even if I wasn't, I'd want to use some form of BC. We didn't last time and just pulled n' prayed and it was so nerve-wracking for me. I'd rather feel safer this time.

We are 99.9% sure that we are done. If we were having more, I'd probably wait at least 2 years.

June 20th, 2012, 08:42 AM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
What form of birth control do you plan to use after baby's arrival? We haven't really talked much about this, and hubby tends to be hands-off on decisions about birth control. I will go back on the pill eventually, but I'm not sure if we'll wait for that until we're done with babies or not. Condoms worked well for us in the past (even though I hate them), so that may be a temporary option if we're going to have babies close together.

Are you planning to breastfeed? If so, is your decision of birth control affected by this? Yes, but I don't know that it affects my decision much.

How long do you plan to wait before you have more children? Again, we haven't really decided, and this affects the bc choice a lot. I'd like our kids to be somewhat close together, no more than 18 months apart, but we'll see how labor goes, and what we think after having a newborn in the house for awhile

June 20th, 2012, 09:33 AM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have really bad side effects from every bc I have tried and am not a good candidate for iud because of past pid. So I am planning on having my tubes tied 6weeks after delivery and we have discussed dh getting fixed just to make sure its 100% since we are done having children

June 20th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We will probably use condoms, or natural ways of preventing.
Hormones mess my cycle up, and after having to take hormones for years just to have my periods-i didn't have them for years-, its not something im even willing to consider.Plus im 37, its not a good choice for me either, and the idea of IUD makes me cringe..sorry

I am planning to BF, it has nothing to do with my choice of prevention

And according to my advanced maternal age-lmao-, we are probably done having kids.....and our finances won't allow an other baby as of right now anyways.
But im good with that, just hoping to have her healthy in my arms, so i can say i have 2 beautiful healthy children, and be done
omg.luckynumber7 likes this.
June 20th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Veteran
Tubes tied at the csection. 7 is enough for us lol. Yes to BF, doesn't affect our choice.

Pulled & prayed, that made me lol, Melissa.

& nice hey Kriztina? the whole advanced maternal age....i will be 35 this summer, i've got it too lol.
June 20th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What form of birth control do you plan to use after baby's arrival? getting my tubes tied And DH is getting the big V

Are you planning to breastfeed? If so, is your decision of birth control affected by this? Definitely BFing and this should really not hinder that

How long do you plan to wait before you have more children? DONE DONE DONE....3 kids fills our family
June 20th, 2012, 02:10 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
LAM, NFP, and the occasional rubber. Hormonal birth control does not suppress my ovulation (super ovaries, I guess).

Not sure that we are done yet. We'll see. We are always open to whatever children come our way, but the hubs has agreed to get the snip when we feel our family is complete.
THE angry uterus likes this.

June 20th, 2012, 04:03 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
What form of birth control do you plan to use after baby's arrival? DH is getting a vasectomy

Are you planning to breastfeed? If so, is your decision of birth control affected by this? Yes. After my girls I did not start having periods until I stopped. If DH wasn't getting the big V I would probably get Mirena.

How long do you plan to wait before you have more children? We are done!

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
June 21st, 2012, 04:27 AM
Super Mommy
I BF exclusively for 6 months so no BC until I start solids. This has worked wonderfully after my 3 kids and I like not having to take a daily pill. After solids are started then I start micronor until I stop BF at 12 mo. Then we'll see...DH may get V.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search