Vent - out of control!!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like everything is going out of control and I am utterly overwhelmed waiting for the next thing to go wrong.

DD just recovered from a tummy bug. She's still not 100% herself. She's probably getting sick again, but no symptoms. She keeps getting sick because she sucks her thumb. She can't stop, its too hard. DH doesn't want her to see a different dentist for a second opinion. Even though her doctor noticed problems in her mouth related to thumb sucking (I've been saying this for at least 2 years) and now she's sick almost non-stop. DH would much rather yell at her to stop, yell at her about eating (which she can't help...she can't chew right). We have gotten into several disagreements about this and I'm just not giving in on taking her to a new dentist in July.

DH got his wisdom teeth out last Friday. He's running a fever and wont take his temp. Wont call the doctor. I'm afraid he's got an infection. He wont eat anything. He's mad if I cook something he can't eat because everyone else can only eat so much eggs, etc. The typical "man baby" deal. He wont take any pain meds either. So he's grumpy and can't stand to be around him.

My mom is dealing with her "whatever" stuff up back home. She's driving me batty with getting my cervix checked and inserting her semi-medical opinion into the mix. And telling other relatives about how uncomfortable I am, how low I am, and how I wont make it to my due date. Yet, she doesn't want me to have the baby until she gets back down here.

My brother is also sick. He also wont take any medication to feel better. So I have a second man baby. He's an adult, I'm not going to be the nagging sister but its exhausting.

Then onto me! I'm the only one whose been working. The only one keeping up with the house. The only one keeping up with DD. Cooking, cleaning, checking on everyone, the whole nine yards. Normally, I wouldn't mind. My mom has been a great help with keeping up with the house, but she's back home. I'm not sleeping more then 2 hours at time, sometimes even less. I am getting closer to having the baby, I can just feel it if that makes sense. My body just feels like its giving out. Hard to explain, but I'm sure any other pregnant woman understands the feeling. All I want to do is go to bed early, take a nap, not have to worry about laundry or cooking dinner for everyone. Instead, I'm up all hours of the night. Feeling the baby's head between my legs. Getting more contractions/BH. I know my body is preparing for labor. I've got the kids all day. I get home and the house is a disasster. Sometimes at 5pm, the coffee pot is still on from the morning. Egg shells in the sink. Laundry just piled up and everyone asking ME where their stuff is. IDK...I just don't know! My daughter desperately needs daddy time. And mommy time for that matter.

Then, I find out that my grandma has some health issues. Will need surgery, chemo, and/or radiation. Yet, she's still expected to do everything she's been doing which is too much for a healthy woman her age. Plus some other drama related to that.

I just feel like everything is falling apart. When it rains it pours, and I'm wondering what else can possibly go wrong. I've been trying to hold it all together, but its failing. I'm not ready for this baby to be born and I'm having all kinds of anxiety about that as well. I even said to DH last night kinda meanly, he better not plan to sit around on his "butt" and do cross word puzzles and watch movies while I'm in labor again. He asked me what I wanted him to do then, I just don't know! I need him to be MY support. I need him to be physically there, supportive. But hell, getting him to even listen to me right now when I'm struggling also isn't helping. I've gone out of my way to aknowledge DH and his pain with his mouth. BUT - he wasn't having issues with the teeth (yet) and choose to get them out NOW.. I asked him if he could please wait until after the baby is born because I knew this would happen. And on top of that since he's missed work so much, he doesn't know how much time he'll be able to take off after the baby. Great, so again. I'm on my own. I just want to cry. Or something.

June 20th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Veteran
I'm so sorry all of this is happening to you at once. Women are a special breed of human...but I don't know if I'd be able to hold it together with everything you're going through. I hope you get some type of relief.
June 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Oh dear, I'm so sorry ur going thru all this now. I said a prayer for u. HUGS!
June 20th, 2012, 04:50 PM
kcmommy2be's Avatar Round #2 here we go
Awwww... sweetie, it sucks when you have to do all that on your own... sending prayers and thoughts your way to help you through and that you can get some help soon *hugs* Hang in there!!!

July 8th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I know how you feel about the house work. I asked my fiancee to get the clothes out of the dryer 5 times and still ended up doing it... I end up doing everything still. I don't know how things are going to get done around here when I have her.. because I know for the first 2 weeks or so I'm not going to want to move.... Just hang in there, things will work out. That's what I keep telling myself to keep sane.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search