Friday Five 29th June

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
from the fridayfive.livejournal.com

Heat!

1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why?
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool?
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm?
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind?
5. Any major summer plans this year? (other than having a baby )

June 29th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I have lived in Minnesota where it gets -30F below zero, and I have lived in TN where it gets 110F. I would rather be cold! I can warm up, but it's so much harder to cool off. Also, I look like sh*t when I get hot. My hair goes flat, I turn beet red, and I sweat like a pig. Not attractive at all.

Get naked and lounge at home.

I never struggle to get warm- even in winter. I am incredibly hot-natured. I refuse to wear a coat or boots in the winter.

4. When you see or hear the word "summer," what comes to mind?
Hell.

5. Any major summer plans this year? (other than having a baby)
Not having any more nervous breakdowns or medical issues

June 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Super Mommy
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why?Too cold, its soo much easier to warm up then cool off
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool?swimming
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm?i loove my sweaters, ugg boots, scarfs, big blankets etc
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind?tank top sandals shorts and sweat lol
5. Any major summer plans this year? (other than having a baby ) my baby shower is next weekend (the 7th) and in the Valley which normally has been around 90 degrees or so and its outside..ahhhhh

June 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? I'd rather be too cold, hands down. We used DH's base of preference in a fit of desperation to get out of Florida and we couldn't be more happy about leaving the heat behind! It does still get hot here, but its only 2 months of heat versus 9 and I can't wait for a real winter. You can always add layers, but public nudity is frowned upon.
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool?Um, me and the air conditioner are good friends for now since other options are limited during pregnancy. Once Ava is here we're going to get out and explore some of the amazing lakes around us.
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm?I haven't really needed a heat source in 20 some years, I'll have to figure something out this winter!
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind?BBQs, get togethers, just fun times in general.
5. Any major summer plans this year? (other than having a baby)Nope, pretty boring summer planned for us.
June 29th, 2012, 02:06 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Too cold. Why? Being too hot makes me grouchy, being too cold I can bear without it affecting my mood too much (until February).
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? Be in a place/time where it is not hot.
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Fires are cozy.
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? Humidity, no rain, discomfort.
5. Any major summer plans this year? (other than having a baby ) No.
June 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? too cold Why? Can always add layers
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? swimming
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? hot tubbing
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? BBQs and thunderstorms
5. Any major summer plans this year? (other than having a baby) Just baby

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 29th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mom to Madeline
[/COLOR]1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? Hot. I cannot stand being cold.
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? Eating ice cream! Or the pool.
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Hot chocolate and smores
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? The beach and frozen alcoholic delicious drinks
5. Any major summer plans this year? No, thank goodness. I'm so happy thing have finally calmed down !
June 29th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? Too cold. I can put on blankets and cuddle in bed.
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? I would get in the freakin pool. I am dying for a dip in a swimming pool *laughs*
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Cuddling in bed, covered by blankets and pillows (and maybe a puppy or 2 lol)
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? The ability to not be confined by my clothing
5. Any major summer plans this year? (other than having a baby ) We have a July 4th party going on. Live band and everything. It's gonna be hot! Whew!
June 29th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy

To hot! I can jump in the pool or go in ac or something like that but idk if it's because I'm so small or what but when I get cold it doesn't matter what I do I am chilled to the bone for what seems like days!

Swimming I love the water!

Under my fuzzy blankie cuddling with my SO he is like my personal space heater. Ironically his body heat is what brought us together and lead us to date and now here we are lol. I love it.

Flowers, beaches, bonfires, friends, barbecue, and good memories.

Just surviving, staying cool, and growing a human!

June 29th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Too cold, because it's illegal to take off clothes in public places , and putting more on is easier.
Stay out of the heat
Snuggle in my mink blanket.
Kids home from school, screaming, pool, days where I want to rip my hair out , days where I wish that I was a kid again.
Nope, just hoping that my best friend can make it down here in a couple of weeks in time for the baby to be born. And that my dad can come and visit before the kids start school (unlikely since they start beginning of August and his fiance doesn't want him to leave her side).

Scarlett Diane

June 30th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When pregnant, I'd rather be too cold... the heat makes my nausea worse. When not pregnant, I'd rather be too hot as I hate the cold!

Strip off, fans, swimming.

Blankets! Or some sort of heating.

Warm weather, swimming, beach holidays/camping, the smell of mowed grass, ice creams, BBQ's, Christmas, family.

5. Any major summer plans this year? (other than having a baby)
I'm going into winter at the mo. Next summer we have DH's grandfather coming to visit from England, plus a camping holiday booked.

June 30th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Too hot. Once I get cold I can't seem to get warm and I hate it.

Ice lollies!

Having a duvet day lol.

Just being lazy really, long evenings, time with my son. I won't say sunshine because it's not guaranteed in the UK!!

5. Any major summer plans this year? (other than having a baby ) Nothing major apart from baby at all.

Tags
friday five , friday qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search