Calling the doctor's office too much???

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
I am 37 weeks and 2 days. I was seen by my doctor three times last week. Each time as for something different. The first appointment on Monday was a regula checkup then the second appointment was the next day for severe contractions but they turned out to be a really bad case of the Braxton-Hicks. The third appointment was on Friday for decreased fetal movement. It's Monday today and my feet became swollen all of a sudden and my hands are now becoming swollen. I didn't call today because I felt the doctor would become irritated or upset with me constantly calling. However, as I mentioned before, it's for different issues each time I call.

Have you ever felt like you've called your doctor's offic too many times or did you care?
July 2nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can't hurt to call. Even if it is to reassure. It is good to track symptoms because sometimes they can indicate a problem.

July 2nd, 2012, 06:34 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Even tho' I know how you feel about not wanting to bother them, I'd say better safe than sorry...
For sure if you have a persistent headache or other symptoms along with it. It's their job. Good luck!
July 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think swelling can turn out quite serious. I would call. I hope it is nothing though.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
maddy and tommy's mommy's Avatar Lovin my precious kiddos!
I always "feel bad" calling, but then just do it anyways because in the end, I just don't care! It's totally worth calling for whatever we feel the need to call for

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!
July 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I called all the time in my first two pregnancies. I had lots of questions! And you know what, they get paid to answer our questions. Don't be scared to call in too many times. It's better than obsessing over Dr. Google.

July 3rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ View Post
I called all the time in my first two pregnancies. I had lots of questions! And you know what, they get paid to answer our questions. Don't be scared to call in too many times. It's better than obsessing over Dr. Google.
I agree!!

It's better to be safe than sorry

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search