Early labor madness...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Update on little Miss Aubrey & myself. She is proving to be very stubborn and set in her owns ways already. I was in and out of labor & delivery all weekend with contractions. Saturday they were 4-5minutes apart, yesterday 2-3 minutes apart. They are making the monitor go crazy when I'm hooked up but I am tolorating them well. Thank goodness! I am very slowly dilating so they keep sending me home to labor on my own since again, I'm tolorating the contractions well. I had an appointment with my OB yesterday and she set me up for an appointment again Thursday to strip my membranes and/or talk induction if I haven't had her by then. I had no idea that you could be in early labor for so long - my OB says it isn't uncommon to consistantly contract and slowly dilate for weeks! Ugh. I am going stir crazy. I have started my maternity leave since no one can give me a definite. My OB says active labor could kick in in an hour or next week, there is no rhyme or reason. So, until that happens or my water breaks - we wait. Not exactly how I expected things to go down but I suppose, as long as she's happy in healthy in there then that is all that matters. I am sending DH back to work tonight, he has been off the last two nights not knowing what to do. I'm sure as soon as he gets there to start his shift, something big will happen. I hate being in limbo! Anyway, I just wanted to let you ladies know what is going on with us and to provide some knowledge about early labor. I thought for sure it was false labor or braxton hicks contractions since it was lasting this long but my OB said no because my cervix is dilating and thinning out. Who knew?? Hope you ladies are hanging in there. I can't wait to browse the updates of all the new babies!!
July 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
txmumx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there! Sounds like you're really close xx

July 3rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That doesn't sound to pleasant My best friend was like that with her first daughter. We called it "labor limbo" and it lasted for days. She made so many trips to the hospital, but because she wasn't dilating fast enough they wouldn't admit her. It did happen eventually though!

Hang in there! Try bouncing on a yoga ball. It may help bring your baby down a little more and dilate you faster. It's also very comfortable and takes your mind off of the contractions!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

July 3rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The good news is when I went in to be checked Saturday, baby was extremely posterier. They told me to do a lot of walking, bouncing on a yoga ball, and spending time on all fours to try to get her into a better position. The last time I was checked, she had moved into a better position so all of that worked. I have been taking it a little bit easier on myself lastnight and today. My OB told me those things are good to do but not to exhaust myself since we all know labor is around the corner and I will need my energy.
July 3rd, 2012, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was contracting for weeks with DD1 like that. When I felt them, I'd just lay down and drink water. You know, do everything to try to get them to stop or slow down. I was induced, but the way I figured it if it was the real deal they wouldn't stop and I'd get some good rest in during early labor.

I think a lot had to do with DD's poor positioning.

July 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
Good Luck Ashley !!! I hope things pick up soon KUP

July 4th, 2012, 08:39 AM
maddy and tommy's mommy's Avatar Lovin my precious kiddos!
Good luck! I am going through something very similar. I have contractions all of the time and did end up calling once and going in once. I am soft and dialated about 2 cm, but baby is posterior and very comfy!

I have an appt. tomorrow and I will beg to be induced since I am SOOOOO uncomfortable, miserable, and anxious!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!
July 4th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck sweetie! I have an appointment tomorrow as well. We are going to strip my membranes and see if that will help things move in the right direction. I was induced with DD with pitocin and I would hate for that to be the case again as it was very painful BUT at least we know it worked for me.
July 5th, 2012, 05:52 AM
maddy and tommy's mommy's Avatar Lovin my precious kiddos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Ashley*~* View Post
Good luck sweetie! I have an appointment tomorrow as well. We are going to strip my membranes and see if that will help things move in the right direction. I was induced with DD with pitocin and I would hate for that to be the case again as it was very painful BUT at least we know it worked for me.
Good luck!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search