a little late to complain but im going to anyways! lol

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
fairymommy's Avatar Veteran
Ok this is really irritating me and I just need to rant, since there is NOTHING else I can do.

When I first found out I was preg I at first wanted to go with a midwife, got accepted into an awesome center here, but at the end for a few reasons, one being convenience (never a good reason) I decided to go with an OB at a clinic that soley does prenatal care. Anyway, when I made my first appointment with the OB I was told that she wouldn't actually be here for my due date, as she goes to Africa every summer to run clinics there. Ok, couldn't really be mad about that. Was assured the replacement doc was fabulous, and I would have plenty of time to get to know her. So throughout the past months of my pregnancy there have been some questions and stuff that I have not talked about with the first doctor because it is all stuff pertaining to my actual delivery which she isn't going to be there for. So I've been waiting to meet this new doc, talk to her about my birth plan, find out her practices, ask her those questions, etc. Well, now THIS doctor is going on 2 weeks holidays starting after today's appointment. I seriously have a revolving door of doctors and who the **** knows who is actually going to deliver my baby! I'm actually kinda pissed at the clinic for this, my hopes were to have a great doc whom I could be comfortable with and be on the same page for my delivery, but now it's just going to be some random there the day of.
I don't ever regret stuff, but I'm feeling just a touch of regret that I didn't go with the midwife

I guess I'm going to have to have a really good written up plan, make sure DH is on the same page as me (which he is) and have him really advocating for me.

ugh. Ok, that's my frustration. I'm done.
July 4th, 2012, 07:12 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is aggravating I'm sorry. I am "sort of" in the same boat. There is a total of 5 different doctors who could end up delivering my baby, depending on who is on call at the time. I don't know any of them overly well and have met with all of them only once or twice each. I know it's not the same as your situation as I went into this practice knowing how it would be. I am sorry that they changed on you last minute. I think it's a good idea to have a well written birth plan for whoever delivers your baby.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

July 4th, 2012, 07:26 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
It's never too late to switch. I actually have a lot of clients who will opt for the OB closest to them for the majority of their prenatal care, so that they don't have to drive so far, then they switch to their preferred care provider at the end of their pregnancies. If you are feeling tossed around already, it's usually just a matter of getting your records transferred and checking on the preferred care provider's availability (make sure their client load is not full). Most good care providers and midwives leave room for late switchers.

July 8th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I have 2 doctors technically, the place I go to has 2 doctors there so every time I go for an appointment it switches back and forth. Really its whoever is on call for the day of my delivery... which makes me a little nervous because I'm hoping more for one than the other, I feel more comfortable with the guy rather than the girl (sounds weird I know) but to me it feels like he cares more about me, and the girl it seems like its just a job....which I guess it is. But the extra care helps ease some stress.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search