Question about labor symptoms

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2012, 10:51 AM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Hello. Not sure if many of you remember me much but I am on the July/Aug fence with my little bub, though early on the OB told me my EDD was Aug. 1 so I've spent most of my time on that DDC, but I do read here as well

Just thought I'd ask over here about labor symptoms. If any of you have BTDT or have already had your baby now, my question is this: What were your early signs leading up to labor? How were you feeling in the days before hand? Did you know it was coming? Was it out of no where? Were you having cramps or anything before your water broke, or did your water not even break before contractions got bad?

I ask because I've had a lot of BH and they seem to be getting more painful these days. I also have a lot of cramping low front almost like period cramps. I'm not sure if this is a sign labor is getting close or not.

A few nights ago I went to L&D because I thought my water broke (turned out it was my mucus plug dislodging and a small amount of fluid behind it, though not amniotic fluid, gushed out soaking my pants a bit) and they checked me and at 36w2d I was 1-2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. I was having lots of contractions but they weren't evenly spaced so they sent me home.

So, now I wonder how close I might really be to real labor. So anything you ladies can share with me about what you felt before you went into labor, moods, pains, hunger, cramps, anything at all, I'd love to get your input Thanks, ladies.

July 5th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
With my other girls, I felt nothing beforehand, but I was induced, my last was late. This time I've been having fairly painful contractions randomly up to a few a day mixed with regular bh. Also I feel I have significant Pms cramps with lots of back pain. It's been going on for over a week now so I'm not concerned. I'm only 2cm and I was 3 cm dilated with my last for over a month. Everyone tells me this is normal especially since I've had 2 babes already. This is normal for the last month. That being said, everyone is different and I tend to overbake. You can be not dilated and go into labor tomorrow or stay at 4cm for weeks. You just never know. My doc told me last visit to come in when my contractions were getting progressively worse and having about 5 an hour. He said they didn't need to be 4 or 5 minutes apart, just mainly getting worse to where I need to breathe through the pain. I've been in labor before so I think I will know when labor is starting. Usually, you just know. It doesn't let up. But if you're unsure, call your doc

July 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM
txmumx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my last 3 I felt nothing either till the day of.

July 9th, 2012, 12:07 AM
the same exact thing happened to me.. im dilated the same, but im 39 weeks. due on the 14th. i hope were getting close. so we can hold the little ones in our arms and not our tummies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search