Due date blues...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, Aubrey's due date is here. I can't help but feel defeated. I know lots of women go over their due date but DD was 2 weeks early so literally, I feel like I've been pregnant for eternity. I keep thinking something is wrong since she isn't here yet. Is she not in a good position? Will I need a c-section? I hate all the thoughts running through my head, I'm driving myself crazy. I was super sick last night. Diarrea, dry heaves, sweats, etc. I don't think it was anything I ate as no one else in the house was sick. I'm feeling better this morning, thankfully. I have an appointment this afternoon and have no idea what it's going to consist of. I want to request an u/s if they don't offer it just to make sure baby girl is okay in there. I'm so paranoid! Ugh. Anyone else with me??
July 9th, 2012, 08:15 AM
maddy and tommy's mommy's Avatar Lovin my precious kiddos!
I am soooo sorry! YES, I am with you!! However, my daughter was a week late so I've been through this before and this is your first time dealing with it !

Nothing is wrong, she is just comfy in there and you have provided a place for her to grow and thrive that she likes so much, she doesn't want to leave!

As I said, with my first I was a week late. My water ended up breaking on its own a day before my scheduled induction, and I had a normal labor and delivery. And she was only 7 pounds, 6 ounces! So it is very normal to be late... CRAPPY, but normal!

Hang in there mama, it is totally the worst and I feel your pain!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!
July 9th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing is wrong with you or baby. It is hard to go overdue, but keep in mind that the due date is a guess at best. It is dependent on numerous factors. If baby hasn't come yet, she's got reasons! If you think she might be positioned funny, maybe try some stuff on spinning babies. She may need some more time to mature also. Each baby is very different.

I've been making small goals of things I want to do with DD1 before the baby that we wont be able to do for awhile after or just some things I know that she enjoys for some mommy-daughter time. We've gone to get pedicures, lunch dates, movies, pool, etc. It helps to pass the time and keep my mind off of pregnancy. I'm not "overdue" yet, but went over with #1 so I'm prepared to go over again. It has really helped me to take my due date and add 14 days. So I'm "due" 7/18, 14 days is 8/1. 8/1 is my day that I am planning on meeting the baby. If she comes sooner by all means great, but I'm prepared to go to 8/1 then I will be walking into the hospital for an induction..

July 10th, 2012, 07:32 PM
txmumx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally! I'm always overdue and they keep getting longer and longer...last baby was 11 days overdue as of today I am at day 10 so not far from setting another bar again:/

July 11th, 2012, 03:24 PM
cheryl22's Avatar Veteran
im not even over due and i have the blues. As of yesterday im on bed rest and cant do anything. At this point with DS i was 3cm with regular cont. This time i have nothing but pain and nothing is going on in there. My doctor said it doesnt look like he will be coming any time soon. I dont think i would be so blue but my DS is not handling this well at all. He keeps telling me he wants his brother here now and his mommy back .

July 11th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl22 View Post
im not even over due and i have the blues. As of yesterday im on bed rest and cant do anything. At this point with DS i was 3cm with regular cont. This time i have nothing but pain and nothing is going on in there. My doctor said it doesnt look like he will be coming any time soon. I dont think i would be so blue but my DS is not handling this well at all. He keeps telling me he wants his brother here now and his mommy back .

I can relate. DD keeps saying "member when you didn't use to have your belly?" AKA: when you could actually play with me. Ugh, heartbreaking. Hang in there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search