Sweeping Membranes

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Was at Dr. for checkup this am, and he could stretch me to a 4, 75% effaced. He swept my membranes also, and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with that before? Like, did it work for you and how soon? I thought it can be painful, but it didn't hurt me at all...
July 10th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Seems to me, with all I've heard, that if you aren't effaced or dilated much, it does very little to nothing. But if you are well on your way (which sounds to me as if you are) women often go into labor within a few days. I've never had it done, but I've heard a lot of people lose their plugs that day.

July 10th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Super Mommy
I had it done with my second child...It was done at my appointment the 9th and I went into labour the 10th just before midnight, and I had her at 9:20am the 11th.....
July 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
k, thanks for the input
July 11th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Regular
I had this done on July 2nd at 1pm. I was 2 cm dilated. I started having small contractions at 6:30 that night, and started having intense (2 minutes apart) at 9 pm. My baby was born that night.

Good luck.
July 11th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If your body is ready for labor, it usually happens within 72 hours of them stripping your membranes. As for me, I've had it done twice now and aside from a few contractions right after - nothing. Good luck!
July 12th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I had it with my daughter my doctor said that 50% of women go into labor within 48 hours. But then again, by the time you get to membrane sweeping you're likely to go into labor on your own, so it's hard to say if the membrane sweeping actually does anything.
July 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Well, it's been 48 hrs. now & I'm still here Been losing my mucous plug all day today so far. With dd2 I passed blood with it, and had her that night yet. But I have yet to see blood.
July 12th, 2012, 05:39 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my membranes stripped with this one and even though I didn't go into 4 until four days later, I know it was because my membranes were stripped. I was only dilated to a 1.5 at the time and 37.1 weeks.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search