Food ideas for GD diet

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
snacks
cheese sticks
a few scoops of peanut butter
celery and peanut butter
cottage cheese with sugar free jelly
cut up cheese and pepperoni
buy a box of atkins bars to have on hand
protein shakes like EAS low carb chocolat...delish and satisfies my sweet tooth!
some sort of nuts like almonds or walnuts, etc.

Breakfast
2 slices of low carb bread (Arnold's) with egg, cheese and bacon
scrambled eggs with bacon
low carb pancakes with SF syrup and turkey sausage
Low carb protein shake with a slice of toast and peanut butter

Lunch
salad in a low carb Mission wrap for lunch (the carbs will help fill you up but it's only 5 per tortilla)
HUGE salad with pepperoni, cheese, cucumbers, leftover chicken or meat with Ranch dressing
low carb sandwich (whether it's a peanut butter with SF jelly, or cheese, lettuce and mayo).
I eat a lot of Boca brand stuff so they have black bean burgers or grillers that are low carb that I put cheese and ketchup on and will have steamed veggies

Dinner
My go to is chicken. Whether it's in the crockpot or on the grill, we eat the heck out of it. I am also doing fish once or twice a week. I don't eat red meat so that's not part of my diet. I also pair it with two veggies like green beans and broccoli or something.

DESSERT:
If you have a sweet tooth like me, I am always craving a sweet snack before bed (although now I have to eat it right after dinner because otherwise it affects my glyburide I take at night). But I posted that mini cheesecake recipe which fantastic, or Bryers makes carb smart ice cream and it's only 4-5 carbs per serving and very tasty.

Splenda is the recommended sugar substitute for pregnant woman so anything that is diet made with sucralose (splenda) is completely find for you. I buy Diet V8 splash citrus blend for my morning "OJ".

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search