Your "do"

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2012, 06:47 PM
txmumx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's summer time and it's hot (duh)! Well, are u planning on cutting ur hair especially now that LO(s) may be here already and u need something more less maintence/time consuming etc? If so what styles have u thought about or have already? I am always curious cuz I love changing my hair all the time. The past cpl years though I've kept it med length and layerd just cuz it's easier to toss into a pony tail...I am bad.

July 10th, 2012, 09:43 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just cut all mine off in December. I had never had a 'short do' and wanted to give it a try. My hair has always been mid back to waist length and I chopped it off into a bob. I really enjoyed the bob, but missed my long hair too much to keep it so I am trying to grow it back out now. It's passed my shoulders I can't wait until it's super long again!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

July 11th, 2012, 08:34 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I change my hair a lot. I just cut mine off so that I wouldn't have to worry about fixing it and washing it a lot when baby gets here.

Here's my belly pic from yesterday- it has my new hair do. I cut it myself, so it's mediocre. Glad I had career ADD for a while there and finished my hair apprenticeship, lol.

July 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM
fairymommy's Avatar Veteran
I have been forbidden to cut my hair again! lol When dh and I met 6 years ago I had a wicked awesome pixie cut that I just loved. Let it grow and when we got married 3 years ago it was boobie length and my natural curls were rocking. Then the next year I had a really boring winter and just kept cutting it myself until..whoops...all gone! haha DH was NOT impressed when he got home and found me with a little pixie cut again lol now I've let it grow for the past 2 years and it is nicely below my shoulders and I do love it....but I LOVE short hair as well.
Que...you have career ADD...i have hair ADD lol I think after little girl is here I will go get it dyed nice and maybe do something with it...but I think I will keep the length.
July 11th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had it cut super short about a year ago-my neck was shaved even,lol-, so im growing it out again, its about at my shoulder blades now. For me its easier when its long so i can put it up,lol. I usually have bangs too, but just grew them out, not sure if i cut them again, we'll see...
July 11th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Well_Okay's Avatar Super Mommy
Dh forbids me taking more than a few inches off at the moment so it's quite long and will stay that way until I can't stand it. I will humor him...for now. But it's so hot I generally have a braid or bun.

Mommy to DS 9 and DD 8. Happily Married to my best friend
Nikolai born July 18, 2012
“Because,' she said, 'when you're scared but you still do it anyway, that's brave.”
― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

July 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
DH is fine as long as I don't go shorter than chin length with my hair...that used to be my go to cut/ a chin length bob.....well Miss Lainey gave me wavy hair so now the last time I had my hair cut (I think it was last fall) I have hated it!!!! It is finally getting close to my shoulders and I can pull it back again and it isn't too wild to manage with my weird waves I now have. Will be interesting to see what this baby does to my hair! But no cuts for me!!! Just trims.
July 13th, 2012, 09:22 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymommy View Post
Que...you have career ADD...i have hair ADD lol I think after little girl is here I will go get it dyed nice and maybe do something with it...but I think I will keep the length.
I am the same way, Kristine! I'm rocking the pixie cute right now, but I'm constantly trying to grow it out, then cut it, then grow it out and cut it. I just cut my hair last weekend back into a pixie because it's just so much less maintenance than anything else. I don't need to do anything to it, but throw a bit of product in.

I love having my hair this short and everyone thinks it suits my face so that works for me. I just find it tricky to maintain unless I find a stylist I really like, otherwise every trim is a crapshoot. For the most part they're good, but I've had cuts that are just right and I feel so hot.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search