Had my baby! Almost didn't make it to the hospital

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By silverlife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had been having tons of what felt like BH contractions for about a month. So when they started up Monday night, I didn't think much of it, especially since they were mostly 8+ minutes apart and I could sleep through them. Around 5am Tuesday morning I woke up to go to the bathroom and was having trouble falling back to sleep (which has been normal for me lately anyway). When my husband was about to leave for work at 6:45 we decided that I was maybe, perhaps, in early labor. He works about 10 minutes away so he decided to go in to wrap some stuff up. Around 7:30am I was sure that I'd be having a baby that day. I called up my MIL to pick up the kids and finished up with packing the bags.

My husband got home around 8:20 and by then I was sure that I wanted pain relief and hoping that I was far enough along to get admitted right away rather than sitting in triage to see if I was progressing. We got to the hospital and the check in nurse decided that my breathing/moaning meant I was in enough pain to hurry me back to triage. I got into the gown and the triage nurse was waiting for a contraction to finish so that she could check me when I told her that I felt pushy. She tried to do a quick check but found a bulging sac of water and rushed me (bed and all) to L&D. I was pushing by the time I was got into the L&D bed and the nurses and doctor barely had time to get their gowns and gloves on. Baby was born at 9:35am Tuesday. She's 7lbs 10oz and 20in.
July 12th, 2012, 11:03 AM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Oh my word! Wow!! Were your other 2 labors that quick?
I know what you mean about having bh for months already. I'm wondering if mine is gonna go quick too.
Congrats btw!!!
July 12th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Veteran
Wow! That's so crazy! Congratulations!!!!
July 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM
fairymommy's Avatar Super Mommy
wowza! nice and fast that's incredible!!! Glad you made it on time and you have your health baby girl!
July 12th, 2012, 01:18 PM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow..what a fast labor. Glad you made it just in time. Congrats!!!

July 12th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is crazy! My contractions on & off for the past 3 weeks have me wondering if labor will go fast for me as well. Thankfully, I live 2 minutes away from the hospital! Congratulations!!
July 13th, 2012, 09:14 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Thank goodness you just made it! Congrats!!

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
July 13th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Wow, what a story, I'm glad you were able to make it and deliver in the hospital and in a bed! Sounds like a moment longer you may have delivered standing up! Congrats to you and your new little one!
July 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisKing View Post
Oh my word! Wow!! Were your other 2 labors that quick?
I know what you mean about having bh for months already. I'm wondering if mine is gonna go quick too.
Congrats btw!!!
My son wasn't quick--my water broke and I had to be augmented with pitocin for lack of progress. Then I stalled at 9cm for 5 hours. My older daughter was about four hours from "Okay, I'm in active labor" to birth, but there was plenty of early labor with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Ashley*~* View Post
That is crazy! My contractions on & off for the past 3 weeks have me wondering if labor will go fast for me as well. Thankfully, I live 2 minutes away from the hospital! Congratulations!!
From your post, it sounds like you did wind up with a fast labor. Congratulations on your baby girl!
July 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM
maddy and tommy's mommy's Avatar Lovin my precious kiddos!
Wow! Sounds like mine!! CONGRATS!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!
July 16th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
Lurker from the March 2013 due date group... And you ladies are scaring me!! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search