cutting in line

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LadyCoconut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 05:27 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone let you cut in line at a public restroom when they've noticed you're pregnant?

July 12th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mom to Madeline
No, but to be honest, I don't think I've actually had to wait in line to go to the restroom.
July 12th, 2012, 05:48 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No one has for me. and I'm not gonna lie... when we saw Magic Mike on opening night, after the movie I had to pee SO bad and naturally the line was out the door and down the hall since it was all women in the sold out theater -- and I was seriously tempted to be like "I'm pregnant can I please go next?!"

July 12th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
No but I go out of my way to avoid public bathrooms and I completely lack the patience to wait in line to use one.

I have had lovely people offer their place in line at checkouts though
July 12th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. No one has ever offered to let me ahead of them in any line. But honestly, this friggin city is becoming filled with rude, overbearing people. I miss my hometown so much where everyone was so friendly and wonderful.
July 12th, 2012, 06:41 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
No, but I don't think I've had to wait in line too much. The cities near me are small
July 12th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Not at all.

And today at the dog park, I was leaning on the fence to rest and not a single person got up off one of the 3 benches.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoconut View Post
Has anyone let you cut in line at a public restroom when they've noticed you're pregnant?
Yep! Just last week, a woman let me in front of her. I really had to go, too, so I was so grateful. We got to talking about the baby and pregnancy, and it turned out that she'd never even been pregnant. So I thought it was a really nice gesture then.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
July 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Mrs. Mustin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, but I rarely use public restrooms if I can help it. I have let pregnant gals go in front of me when I'm not pregnant though.
Me (Dawn) 30, DH 34, Jackson Christopher 4, Jacob David 2, Baby #3 Alice Annmarie C-Section on 8/24

July 13th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Nope, people in Maine suck.
July 13th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Super Mommy
Yep, but I also had a toddler doing the potty dance so I'm not sure which of us it was really for.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
July 13th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Regular
At a big party at my workplace people offered but I did not take them up on it (silly me!) I'm not sure if that counts as public or not.
July 13th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
No, and I'm including one time when Daniel was with me and was crying because he had to queue for the toilet. (It's down to his autism that he doesn't like to queue, but for all these people knew he was desperate to go). And I've had to wait in line on several occasions. People are so rude, ignorant and self-absorbed over here.

July 14th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was in NYC a couple months ago and a woman spoke up for me and my pregnant friend and made us go in front of everyone. We were both pretty shocked, because that's very un-NYC of people to be that courteous.

July 14th, 2012, 05:03 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Are you kidding? People here couldn't care less if you were handicap or elderly either.
Up until last month when I was traveling by metro when the seats were all taken, they refused to get up! Seats were reserved for pregnant women.
Can you imagine?

July 15th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
In my first pregnancy I remember being on a full bus on a couple of occasions and no-one standing up to let me sit down (and I mean I was VERY heavily pregnant). People just turn away and pretend they can't see you.

This also reminds me of last year when my friend and I went to see Take That at Manchester City stadium. The lines for the bathroom were ridiculous. My friend is disabled. A lot of girls who were clearly NOT disabled were queuing outside the disabled toilet and not letting actual disabled people go ahead of them. I argued with a LOT of people that day, including staff, who made a token attempt to move the other girls on but didn't enforce it when they argued back and refused. Later on I found a senior security guard and told them and funnily enough when we went back a few nights later it didn't happen again because someone was standing outside the disabled toilet with the key and only letting disabled people in. It absolutely made my blood boil, let me tell you.

Like I say, over here, the tendency is for people to be rude and ignorant.

July 15th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had people push me out of the way for a seat on the subway with my previous pregnancies, now I will find a young man and kindly ask for a seat. I don't care if they think I am invisible, I will say something.

July 15th, 2012, 11:10 AM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nope
July 15th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Although not bathroom related, wanted to share....at the grocery store today, the lines were pretty long (I don't normally go at 11:30am on a Sunday for this reason!), and they opened another till, and specifically had me come first...I felt pretty special

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search