Nursing Bras

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many did you get? BTDT moms, how many do you recommend getting? I didn't purchase any tops made specifically for breastfeeding as 2 of my close friends said it really isn't necessary. Hopefully I don't regret that decision. I would like to maybe get one of the spaghetti strapped tank tops though.

July 15th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I never liked the bras, I like the tanks better so my belly isn't exposed. I think I started with 3 or 4 and that worked ok for me.
July 15th, 2012, 07:25 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just nervous about the tanks because I've never had a body shape where tanks really work for me. I have tried and tried but they always seem to ride up my stomach no matter the brand or size I get

July 15th, 2012, 07:27 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I have one nursing tank and two nursing bras. The nursing bras do not currently fit, but probably will around 12 weeks post partum. I like nursing tanks better too. I haven't really used nursing bras in the past, and just got a couple this time around because I had a gift certificate. I'm always nursing, so I thought it'd be good to have a size that I wear a lot (my boobs get really big the first few weeks, then tend to level out for the remainder of my nursing time).

I generally just wear a regular bra. My favorite is the Victoria Secret demi bra, and I have always nursed just fine by pulling the cup to the side.

July 15th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Chris bought me some from motherhood and they are really long, longer than what I've got from target and Walmart. Maybe you'd have better luck with them? Ive always been pretty anti bra anyway, just never found them comfortable.
July 15th, 2012, 07:32 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
i don't like tanks or special nursing shirts, just a loose shirt will do. I've been wearing Amon maternity bras and they work well for nursing in the beginning (stretchy). i'll buy structured bras for work AFTER my milk regulates. I have so many nursing bras that don't fit.

July 15th, 2012, 07:48 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I got 6 given to me. I already am wearing two of them because they are comfy (and one is actually really pretty).

I also had 3 nursing tops given to me. They look like they will be really handy - if I like them I will go and buy some.
July 15th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have zero luck with nursing tanks because my boobs are so big. I bought 4 bras, which will hopefully fit, assuming I'm around the same size I was after I had DD. that should be plenty.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
July 15th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have two bras from my DS and 1 new one. No tanks, never really been into tank tops! I never nurse in public (just a thing for me, not trying to make a statement! ) so I don't really need a lot of nursing clothes.
July 15th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
My two maternity bras are also nursing bras, but I won't be nursing outside the home anyway, as I will be doing a mixture and probably (if things go as they did last time) predominantly formula feeding.

July 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Mom to Madeline
I bought 1 nursing bra and 1 nursing tank. I want to try them out before I go buy more. I'm at home 95% of the time and can just whip my boob out if needed!
July 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I got two nursing bras without wires, like the sports bra style, one in nude and one in black and I got a sleep bra. I love the sleep bra, its so comfy, I've abandoned trying to wear my regular bras and have started wearing it

Pinterest
Flickr
July 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I have 3 nursing bras, 2 of which I wear now since they're comfy, and they have a bit of room to grow so hopefully will still work when my milk comes in! and one tank, I may get another.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 15th, 2012, 01:24 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I had three with DD1 - But really only used one. I will get 2-3 this time around, though. DD1 was such a messy nurser, I had to wash my bra more often then I usually wash my bras. . .

I almost always wore a maternity tank under my shirts so I could pull my shirt up, but not be exposing my flabby belly.

July 15th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Super Mommy
I have two nursing bras, one that is more of a shelf style bra, and one regular but without wires. I like them both, but would still like to find maybe one more that is better material for summertime.

July 15th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Super Mommy
I have 2 nursing bras right now. Will probably get a couple more later on. I wore one just yesterday to get it broke in & see how comfy it will be.
I've never been into tank tops. The tanks just don't give enough support as I have too much up top.

July 15th, 2012, 07:04 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I never did the nursing tanks with my first but I found a glamourmom one for $7 at a consignment shop! It is so comfy, I'm trying to find more. I had like 4 nursing bras with my first that I actually liked. It took FOREVER to find a comfortable one.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

July 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I bought 1 nursing bra, the nice stretchy kind with molded cups (so nice) and 1 sleep nursing bra and 5 nursing tanks. I wear the tanks now all the time because it's been so blazing hot these last few weeks. Near 100 most days or 90s. They fit very well and they're long so they stay down. I plan on wearing them mostly after Elias is born. The bras I will wear when I go out and sleep but the rest of the time it'll be tanks for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search