Cramping, Contractions & Upset Stomach (TMI?)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
**Updated post 8****

Sorry about the gross details, but I woke up at 3 AM with lots of lower abdominal pain. I went to the bathroom and laid back down to try to fall asleep. I was really gassy and burping lots and had some nausea. Then I started getting really bad pains up right below my ribs, as well as the low abdominal pain. My tummy kept tightening on and off and feeling hard...which I am guessing would be braxton hicks? I got up a couple hours later and had loose stools. Throughout the day I have had the cramping still and some of the tummy hardening. I also have had loose stools a few times.'
Do you think this is probably just like a stomach bug or something or should I be calling the Doctor? I hate calling them when it is nothing...because the nurses always bring me in and then the Dr is like why are you here...checks the babies heartrate and is like you are ok. I have been checking his heartrate at home today a bit with the doppler and it is a little high, but not a huge difference and he is moving lots so I think he is ok. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks!!!

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

Last edited by aquariussweety21; July 18th, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
July 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would call. Loose stools, cramping and contractions can all be signs of preterm labor so it's better to get their opinion than not. Also, that's what your dr gets paid for...to treat you! So you shouldn't feel bad about asking questions

July 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This late in the game you can never be too careful! I agree with Lyz, that's what your Dr. gets paid for! If it's concerning you it's worth calling!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

July 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I also agree with Lyz make the call better safe than sorry. And your dr needs to get his head out of his bum.
July 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree as well! Just wanted to ask if you have an update? Are you feeling better or still having the same symptoms?

KUP

July 16th, 2012, 08:08 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Don't be worried about it - it's nothing to get stressed about, but I would keep your doctor in the loop and be aware of braxton hicks contrax that come more than 4x an hour. Most of the time when you ask what they want you to do they will bring you in and get things checked out to cover their buts even if they aren't really concerned. Don't be alarmed if your cervix isn't tight shut at this point in pregnancy - it doesn't open all at once.

Best of luck!! Let us know how you are doing!
July 17th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I appreciate all of your concern and advice. I did not end up calling the Dr, as I chalked it up to a stomach bug. The contractions slowed right down throughout the day and the pain became a lot more bearable as well. I am still kind of crampy, but feeling much better. If I start cramping worse again or the contractions come back like they were I definitely will be calling them. Mason is moving around a lot so I am thinking he is doing alright too

July 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So the contractions and pains came back today with a vengeance. I called the doctor and they had me come in to get checked. Good news is I have not dilated and contractions calmed down by themselves without medicine. I have an ultrasound scheduled for next wednesday to check my cervical length. The doctor thinks there is still a chance of preterm labor and wants me to take it easy and call if symptoms get worse again. They also did an FFN test and it should come back tomorrow so we will see how the results are for that.

July 19th, 2012, 05:51 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry they came back But the news of not dilating and the contractions stopping is positive. I hope you don't have any preterm labor.

July 19th, 2012, 07:50 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to hear you've been having contractions! I'm glad there is no progress with your cervix. Lets hope it stays that way for awhile!!

July 19th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. Quick update: I am still very crampy today and in quite a bit of pain, but have been taking it easy and drinking lots. The FFN test did come back negative so it looks like I should not be going into labor within the next 2 weeks. Now it is watching discharge, keeping an eye on contractions and cramps and hopefully making it to my ultrasound next Thursday to check my cervix and the baby

July 19th, 2012, 07:57 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank goodness the FFN test was negative! I am glad you called your doc on that though. I know I have called mine on much less.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search