Newborn waking up each time after being place down

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By lckychrmzz
  • 1 Post By Kumii
  • 1 Post By hope71012
  • 3 Post By therevslady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Super Mommy
I never had this problem with my twins, however since yesterday, baby girl wakes up every time after being place down. Wondering if its normal and if any mommy has experience that with the newborn

special thanks to .h00dihoo.this. for the siggie
July 17th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine has been doing that too. Its driving me crazy!
choochoo07 likes this.
July 17th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Super Mommy
Mine started on at exactly one week old, but it was only from the time of 9PM-11PM at night, but starting yesterday, it was a morning and night thing. She wakes up once I put her down. Then today we actually took her out for two hours, she fell asleep right in her car seat and dh driving. But the second she got home, she woke up...very frustrating. I wonder if there are any tips.

July 17th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This has happened to with my first. I would keep him on me with a blanket and place him down with it so he does not loose heat when I put him down. Another thing I did is place him on his side instead of his back ( I always made sure he had something in front of him keeping him from rolling on his belly ), but this idea might be controvertial with recommendations for placing babies on their backs for sleep.
choochoo07 likes this.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 17th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Have you tried swaddling? My babies liked the russian style swaddle. And I use big muslin wraps like aden&anais.

July 18th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with swaddling and the temp thing!

I would nurse DD, put her in a swaddle blanket, and cover her with a blanket while I burped her. Held her until her body was limp (dead weight - lift an arm or leg and if it drops right down they are in a deep sleep). THEN, I laid her down in her bed. I usually kept her arms out of the swaddle blanket, but some kids need arms in because little jerks in movement wake them up.

I've also heard other moms who put a receiving blanket or sheet into the dryer before sleep so it is warm when they lay the baby down. Too much work for me, but if its a body head/temp shock waking up it might help.

I know this is not recommended as PP said, but we did the side or tummy sleeping early on because kiddo slept better. We just stayed in the same room while she slept to make sure she didn't suffocate or anything.
choochoo07 likes this.

July 18th, 2012, 09:04 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I believe this is a totally normal thing. It's exhausting but normal. I believe in something called the 4th trimester where you extend the care for your baby and keep them close during that time. Some babies just need some tender love and care transitioning from womb to world.

The Baby Sleep book by Dr. Sears is awesome in understanding the science behind baby sleep patterns and such.

July 18th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Veteran
My guy was doing that but I quickly learned that if I used the same blanket over and over when snuggling with him he would stay zonked out because he could still smell me.

My DD did this as well when she was tiny.

July 18th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ View Post
I believe this is a totally normal thing. It's exhausting but normal. I believe in something called the 4th trimester where you extend the care for your baby and keep them close during that time. Some babies just need some tender love and care transitioning from womb to world.

The Baby Sleep book by Dr. Sears is awesome in understanding the science behind baby sleep patterns and such.
I'm going to look into that book. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope71012 View Post
I'm with swaddling and the temp thing!

I would nurse DD, put her in a swaddle blanket, and cover her with a blanket while I burped her. Held her until her body was limp (dead weight - lift an arm or leg and if it drops right down they are in a deep sleep). THEN, I laid her down in her bed. I usually kept her arms out of the swaddle blanket, but some kids need arms in because little jerks in movement wake them up.

I've also heard other moms who put a receiving blanket or sheet into the dryer before sleep so it is warm when they lay the baby down. Too much work for me, but if its a body head/temp shock waking up it might help.

I know this is not recommended as PP said, but we did the side or tummy sleeping early on because kiddo slept better. We just stayed in the same room while she slept to make sure she didn't suffocate or anything.
Thanks for the advice I am going to try that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search