Three for Thursday

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Thinking back to your early pregnancy!

1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told?

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel?

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test?

July 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy

1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? Hubby of course, then my sister.

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel? "Oh crap! Seriously? Already?" We just decided to try that month for #2, thinking it could happen anytime within a year and we would be fine. Not the FIRST SHOT.

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test? Took a picture to text to my sister and then threw it away. I don't quite understand the saving my peestick thing some women do
July 19th, 2012, 06:55 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? Well, my best friend in Florida was there when I peed on a stick since it was at work. The first person I actually told was DH though.

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel? I was in shock. I'd peed on hundreds (literally.. lol) of sticks and that was my first positive. I just assumed it was a false positive and tested about 100 more times that day! Once in sank in, I was absolutely over the moon though, mixed with the anxiety of loss, of course.

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test? I kept them for awhile to watch the lines progress, which was one of my first posts in this DDC! I eventually just took a picture and tossed them cause I decided it was pretty gross to keep them on my counter, haha.
July 19th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? DH...I did it first thing in the morning in our ensuite bathroom...he was still in bed

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel? Super shocked, we had just started trying that cycle, I couldn't believe our good luck...then I was just waiting for something to happen since there was no way we could be so lucky. It took a while to really sink in.

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test? Took a picture, kept them for a a few days until confirmed by my dr and then chucked them. I only took 2 and that's because they came in a pack of 2!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 19th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Mom to Madeline
1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? DH by phone....I was out of town visiting family.

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel? Shocked. I thought I had started my AF and was so bummed my 1st cycle of Clomid failed. In actuality, it was IB. I only tested to guarantee I wasn't pregnant, bc I was started my 2nd Clomid round the next day.

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test? I still have it...it's in a drawer.
July 19th, 2012, 07:14 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Alan - i came running out the bathroom waving the test in the air crying - poor Alan didnt know what to do and i think i may have accidentally splashed him with pee

overwhelmed - we had been trying for 10 months, i couldn't believe we were finally pregnant

I kept it in my jewelry box for the longest time but when we cam to move in April i decided to bin it - i had the bump, didnt need pee stick proof

...and baby number 2
July 19th, 2012, 07:43 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper

- First person I told was a long-time internet pen pal.

- Scared but not surprised and not ready.

- Hid it in the garbage in the garage so my SO wouldn't find it before I told him haha.

Pinterest
Flickr
July 19th, 2012, 07:54 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? My husband and my best friend.

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel? I was stunned and disappointed.

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test? Chucked it immediately.
July 19th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? My husband

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel? I was excited, but scared all at the same time because of my previous losses.

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test? Still have all of them in my bathroom drawer.

Jan 2010 August 2011

July 19th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Shaun, closely followed by my mum and aunt who were in the house at the time.

Disbelieving - we'd only been trying for 3 months and at my age I thought it would take longer. I was in a bit of a daze all day!

It's still in a plastic bag in the cupboard. I'm not sure what I'm keeping it for...lol.

July 19th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? DH. It was early in the morning and I'd just gotten home from buying the test at Walmart and I went upstairs to whisper in his ear that we were going to have another baby.

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel? Shocked that I was right! I'd been 99.9% sure based on my symptoms that I was pregnant but I was a bit surprised at how quickly we did it!

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test? It's tucked away in my nightstand. I'm not sure what to do with it though.
July 19th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)

DH, via text message, upon FMU. I had already told him I just knew I was pregnant days before. So I confirmed it with a test. It was a very faint positive at just 9 DPO, so I backed it up with another test. Then I snapped a pic, sent it to him, and asked what he thought. He replied back, "You're pregnant."

I was super-excited but hesitant because I had just had a loss two cycles before that, follow up by a chemical pregnancy. So I knew that the pregnancy could be fleeting. In all honesty, though, I just felt different about it. I just felt like it was going to be sticky.

I kept all like 2 dozen that I took for the first few weeks. Then I trashed them all. I did turn the digi that said "pregnant" into an ornament of sorts and hung it from our Christmas tree. I took pics, and that's how I revealed the pregnancy to our parents on Christmas day, when I was exactly 6 weeks along.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
July 19th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
DH. it was early and everyone was still in bed

happy and amused. I knew it was going to be positive despite a negative a few days before and that was our ttc 'practise month so I thought it was funny that DH would be deprived of all the trying. I worried a little due to the past but intuition has been pretty strong from the get go with this one and baby just felt ok.

peed on it It went in the garbage
July 19th, 2012, 09:35 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH

excited

Still have all of them lol

July 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
hopesNdreams's Avatar Proud BF'ing Mama!!!
1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? Dh was right there but the first person was Melanie through a text

SOOOO excited...it was planned but didn't realize it was gonna happen that fast so I was a bit surprised!
I saved it for a while cause I have all the others but now I am not sure where they all went...cause of the move..but I do have a pic of it!

July 19th, 2012, 10:15 AM
1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? I sent a picture of the test to my best friend. The line was so faint, I didn't believe it.

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel? I was nervous that what I was seeing wasn't real. I was excited but didn't want to get my hopes up just yet.

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test? I broke it open and kept the paper part in a ziploc bag.
July 19th, 2012, 11:52 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? DH (I sent him a pic via text but he didn't want to believe it until the digi said "pregnant").

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel? I knew it! But I was still elated and actually kinda shocked. I had trouble getting pregnant with my first and even fertility meds didn't help. This time it happened right when I was weaning my daughter and on the first try! DH didn't want to believe it could happen that easily so, again, he refused to believe until the digi read "pregnant" at 9 or 10 dpo?

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test? I still have it . I still have the one from my first pregnancy too!

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

July 19th, 2012, 12:32 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
My husband - Who's shower seemed extra long that night!!! LOL

Surprised - Because it happened so quick for us. Excited. And nervous!

I eventually tossed them.

July 19th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
My bestfriend was the first to know.

I was in shock & disbelief. And maybe a little denial.

I actually wrapped it in saran wrap and kept it. It's sitting in a box of stuff that will eventually, I'm sure, make it into the baby stuff I'll eventually give to Taryn when she's older.
July 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. When you found out you were pregnant, who was the first person you told? I was in NYC for the day with a friend, she made me buy the test bc I was late and feeling sick. She was standing outside the bathroom, so she was the first to know.

2. What was your initial reaction - how did you feel? I was excited, but nervous to hear what my husband would say.

3. What did you do with your pregnancy test? Took it home and wrapped it up in a list of urologists to give to DH.

Tags
pregnancy qotd , thursday qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search