Pressure

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By hope71012
  • 2 Post By hope71012

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Curious others experiences...planning to call into the midwife, but don't want to bug her yet AGAIN.

I am having increasing "pressure" and can feel the baby moving downward or so it seems. My contractions just are not seeming to get more intense or consistent. I just have this pressure from baby's head.

Plus is gone...no way I can possibly have more plug (softball size amount of the last day and half). Contractions are staying stable around 6 mins, lasting 30-60 seconds. They just are not getting STRONGER and don't really seem to stop my activity, I can talk through them, etc. I'm just super ******. It does help to breath through them, but its not really essential if that makes sense.

When I talked to my midwife yesterday, she said I should call when contractions hour to hour are getting more intense and/or closer together (5 mins for an hour).

I was induced with #1, so laboring on my own without pitocin is a whole new ball game. And I've had contractions since Tuesday evening almost non-stop during waking hours. My uterus HURTS.

July 19th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
You are still in pre-labor, which you can be in for weeks and is painful and often relentless. Yes, you usually should wait until contractions are bad pain but sometimes women are in labor and dont feel that.
Its like your body is trying so hard but something is holding it back. Your body produces a chemical when under stress that keeps labor from progressing.
I know being over due can be super stressful, my last was over a week late.
I feel you need relaxation. Perhaps? I would try a foot massage from dh or anyone willing, in a dark room, a scented candle and a nice long sleep in a dark room to help release hormones needed for labor. Oxyticin? I think...anyway, youre almost there. Good luck!

July 19th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Sun0912's Avatar Veteran
I'm sorry you aren't getting stronger contractions! Ugh I'd hate that. Hoping they pick up for you!

July 19th, 2012, 10:25 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would suggest relaxation to, maybe some nice love making.. ya tmi.. but that could stimulate other parts of the prelabor and carry on from there. HUGS. Almost there. Cant wait to hear of your story.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

July 20th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Julie View Post
You are still in pre-labor, which you can be in for weeks and is painful and often relentless. Yes, you usually should wait until contractions are bad pain but sometimes women are in labor and dont feel that.
Its like your body is trying so hard but something is holding it back. Your body produces a chemical when under stress that keeps labor from progressing.
I know being over due can be super stressful, my last was over a week late.
I feel you need relaxation. Perhaps? I would try a foot massage from dh or anyone willing, in a dark room, a scented candle and a nice long sleep in a dark room to help release hormones needed for labor. Oxyticin? I think...anyway, youre almost there. Good luck!
I do feel like I'm mentally blocking labor from happening. I am stressed about the drive and my relatives are being butt heads. Part of me just wants to go to the birth center and get away from them.

I'm going to call in a few hours and see if my midwife can check me and then either to walk the mall or go to a kids science place. Just me, dh, and dd. I think it will help to know where I'm at, be away from relatives, and walking around.

July 20th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is your baby posterior? That can cause early labor to last a long time. Belly lifts are supposed to help labor with a posterior baby:

The Abdominal Lift and Tuck | spinningbabies.com
July 20th, 2012, 07:11 AM
fairymommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I hear yah, I feel like I have been in pre-labor for like, a month! lol After getting my membranes stripped again yesterday I have been super crampy and keep getting my hopes up that something will come of it, but at the same time, trying not to let my mind go there and relax and just let my body do what it needs to do. AH! So frustrating, so I totally know where you are coming from! I have tons of pressure as well, I feel like baby is trying to borrow her way out but not getting anywhere.
it WILL happen.
It will. it has to!!!
Have you talked to you mw about getting induced, is that something you would do?
July 20th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
4 cm and almost completely effaced. So progress...slow and steady. Heading back within the hour to check again. But I think being within 5 mins of the birth center is helping things cx are getting stronger and closer and I feel a lot more relaxed!

July 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quick update:
Heading home with instructions of rest, relaxation, and positions to stay in and encourge baby.

Basically, baby isn't posterior. However, her head wasn't quite the right direction. So, her head wasn't pressing on my cervix properly. All the contractions I'm having are trying to get her to move her head right! So we walked. I laid on my right side for a LONG time. Baby finally moved her head onto my cervix the right way!
So tues, I was 3cm when I left today I was a "good" 5. She wants me to go home and rest, keep on my sides to encourage babys head (and piss her off to move), and expects to see me later tonight or tomorrow.

July 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
awesome!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search