We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
1. How do you cool down in the summer heat? Swimming!
2. Do you prefer cold/tepid showers or baths, or a trip to the swimming pool or a paddling pool in the backyard? Trip to the swimming pool....even in this heat I love hot showers...I'm just weird that way!
right now its raining, it was raining yesterday and it will rain tomorrow. im not having a summer this year - i think it decided to skip Ireland completely having said that it is getting kind of humid so i might go stand in the rain for a bit to cool down lol.
...and baby number 2
Last edited by newmommysarah; July 24th, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
I don't deal with the heat very well! I was in tears this morning when I woke up sweating yet again. But, it turns out it is not hot out today so I opened all the doors to get the heat out of the house. It is supposed to go down to a blessed 14 tonight.
I have been doing the tepid shower thing and it has helped. I always want to go to the beach but can't be bothered when it is hot since I get so hot right away when I get out of the water.
This has been the worst summer I can remember in a long time. I think I was a kid the last time it was consistently this hot for so long.
1. How do you cool down in the summer heat? Strip all my clothes off of me ASAP [if I am at home, obviously]. Otherwise just sit in the A/C and chug something cold.
2. Do you prefer cold/tepid showers or baths, or a trip to the swimming pool or a paddling pool in the backyard? I don't care for cold showers - I have to be hot enough and in the mood. If we had a pool in the backyard, I'd jump in there to cool down for sure.
1. How do you cool down in the summer heat? I turn on the air! I don't know if I could live without it lol
2. Do you prefer cold/tepid showers or baths, or a trip to the swimming pool or a paddling pool in the backyard? If I had a pool in my backyard I would use it. We have a community pool but I never use it.