We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I am feeling like a complete and utter failure at this natural, intervention free birth plan. My body doesn't seem to want to, agree and I don't know what it is.
I had contractions more times then not from Tues to Sat. Then, nothing since. Friday I got fed up and went in to get checked and monitored. I was 5cm and mostly effaced when I left at 3pm. I am STILL just sitting here on Tuesday. No contractions, no twinges, no nothing. I feel like my body is failing at doing what it is supposed to do.
I do *NOT* want to be in the hospital. I do *NOT* want pitocin. I do *NOT* want interventions period.
Friends locally keep saying to trust my providers, normal pregnancies range 37-42 weeks, interventions are too risky, you are only 40+6 weeks, etc, etc. Thing is, I don't feel comfortable continuing. BUT I don't want to give up a natural intervention free birth. Something just seems off as to why I'm so far dilated and effaced, but not in active labor FOR DAYS. I don't want to give up, but I don't know what else to do. I do trust my providers and I know as long as baby is fine they are fine to let me keep going.
I have a non-stress test and ultrasound scheduled tomorrow morning. I know that DH and I will have options on inductions. I just can't knock this feeling that something is up and that's why I can't progress anymore. I know if I were at another provider or if I walked into any hospital they would admit me and induce. Plus, my due date was changed early on. FOr good reason, I trust the adjusted date. However, it makes me even more nervous because by the original date I am 42 weeks today.
I just feel like a failure and I really want to experience an intervention free, natural childbirth. At this point, I just don't know what is best and feel so guilty even considering evicting her before she's ready and/or feeling like I don't trust my providers. One of the reasons I choose my providers is because I knew they would give me every chance to have the birth I want.
I wish there was a magical answer. I know there isn't. I'm anxious for my appointment tomorrow.
Mommy to H (6) and E (brand new)
4 Angels gone too soon
oh hun I'm sorry things don't seem to be panning out how you envisioned. I had a hard time with the idea of getting induced as I wanted an intervention free delivery as well. However, I feel that once I had that induction date set, something in my head and heart just made me feel so relaxed about it, knowing that I would get to hold my baby girl soon. So instead of over analyzing every little twinge, and waking up disappointed every morning, I just let all of that go and I think in that, my body just said "ok then, lets do this", and there I gave birth naturally on the morning, 3 hours before I was set to get induced.
This is my first time, so I don't have loads of experience and knowledge, but if there is one thing I took away from this is to relax and try to be in peace about the fact that your body and baby are healthy, and that you will be holding the little one before you know it.
If you DO have to get induced, have them start with cervidil, as it sounds like you are well on your way but just need a little nudge. That's what I would have done, and if that works, no need to be hooked up to anything and you will still have a natural child birth
Oh, and find some stair or a steep hill! Did a whole bunch of stairs and a hike on Saturday afternoon...I swear that helped too..wooo gravity! lol
I have been feeling the same! I've been 4.5cm and contracting on and off for almost 2 weeks now and my body has still not done anything to really push to active labor! I'm not 40 weeks yet, but I've been starting to wonder if something is just wrong and my body is having trouble getting things going on it's own. I had my membranes swept yesterday and that's done nothing but cause some brown spotting.
I haven't been planning a natural, intervention free birth, but I absolutely did want to go into labor on my own. But being so big, my Midwife doesn't want me going longer than 40 weeks so Friday when I see her again we will plan the induction that night or the next day. I was induced with my son too, so I really wanted to experience going on my own this time. But I'm finally starting to accept I may just have to be induced. All I care about at this point is my baby girl being in my arms finally.
My goal is a living breathing baby and had to remind myself of that. I know my providers are strong natural birth and least interventions. That is why I choose them. If I have any shot at a natural birth it is here. But at the end of the day I want a living breathing baby.
I really think we have a positioning issue. But not sure what else to do besides what I've been doing. Baby did seem to get her back unstuck and moved a bit.
I'm just very concerned at this point driving an hour for trustworthy providers. If I'm anymore dialated, I don't think we will make it. I don't want a roadside birth, or random on call doctor at the nearest hospital, or unplanned and unassisted homebirth. Iinduction seems safer.
Mommy to H (6) and E (brand new)
4 Angels gone too soon
I feel a lot better! Baby has plenty of fluid, placenta looks perfect, non-stress test looks great, everything is great!
It is a position of baby issue though. She doesn't have her head turned the right direction. We could see her little face which is no good. Sunny side up...
We are going to give her a few more days to adjust her position. I'm going to try as much as I can on spinning babies. Monday we will repeat the tests, but most likely break my water and get things going. I love the birth center because they will break it and let you go home or whatever. You don't have to stay. And they give you a 72 hr time clock before going to the hospital if nothing is happening.
Very encouraging. I feel a lot better. I was joking with dh that baby is trying to come on our anniversary which is Sunday.
I was in the same boat. I wanted everything to be natural with NO interventions whatsoever. I ended up having a c-section because my LO was breech. Often times there are things that are out of our control and we just have to roll with the punches. Like what fairymommy said, once I had my section scheduled I felt a lot more relaxed because I knew WHEN she would be born and I ended going in earlier because my water broke. Stress is no friend when you're trying to get labor going. You still have a few days yet, so I hope the spinning babies techniques help and you go on your own. Good luck!
Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in