Advice on anxiety?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Christin's Avatar William's Mommy
I'm having some serious anxiety, when we first brought William I could barely sleep. Getting 20 minutes every couple of hours. I finally resulted to cosleeping and I am able to sleep but DH doesn't like it. I have to be honest I'm physically uncomfortable and wake up stiff. Last night I finally graduated to putting him in the bassinet but kept waking up, much less than before but still. During the day he has to be in the same room as me or I'm feeling like I need to hurry back. My big fear is he will stop breathing. I've actually startled him in his sleep checking on him. Anyone have advice on how I can relax or will it eventually fade as he gets older?

July 25th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Veteran
I had this very problem with my son. But I was more so worried about myself than my son. I thought if I didn't get enough sleep, I'd just die lol. So when I'd try to sleep, my anxiety wouldn't let me rest and go to sleep. It was a nightmare and lasted weeks and eventually put me in a depression because of how sleep deprived I was. I eventually saw someone and was put on medication to help calm me down and think more rationally again, which helped soooooo much! So try to give it some time. Do what you need to do to help you relax, even if it's going "against the book". THe first few weeks are about survival, not parenting the right way. If in a week or so your nerves and anxieties don't calm down on their own, then seek some help. If it gets worse, get help sooner before it worsens too much like it did with me!

July 25th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was worried a lot with my dd. time and experience seemed to help. I kept her in our room at night for a long time and coslept.

Hvent had this baby yet, but I know I will be checking frequently.

Just monitor yourself and if it doesn't get better seek help. I think society has pushed the fear of SIDS so much it's hard to relax. And since it really isn't understood it's harder to relax.

July 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
I had horrid anxiety with my 2nd, but not my first. I didn't sleep for a long while, not healthy. I wish I had consulted a professional and that is my suggestion. This can't be good for you or the baby. Good luck!

July 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Christin's Avatar William's Mommy
Thank you all for the advice, I've noticed it is getting better. Was able to sleep with him in his bassinet, only woke up twice except for when he was hungry. I'm still not 100% but I think it comes with the territory. I've talked to DH so he's aware of what I'm going through and I asked him to speak up if I don't.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search