getting back in shape

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is it ok to start running at 6 weeks PP or it is best to get cleared by my doctor?
I have lost more than half of my weight and now it is time to get rid of my extra 20lb. I am 5.5 weeks PP, have been taking long fast walks for weeks now and wondering if it would be a good time to start running.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 25th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Veteran
My doctor has said to wait until after the 6 weeks pp before doing any exercise or heavy lifting of any sort
July 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to start doing some core strengthening exercises since I had a section, but I won't attempt anything until my midwife gives me the all clear.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
July 26th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Super Mommy
I personally would wait until your 6w check up, especially since you're already there. Though I can't talk, while I'm not exercising I'm lifting my 35 lb. toddler, it's just not avoidable for me.

July 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa. View Post
I personally would wait until your 6w check up, especially since you're already there. Though I can't talk, while I'm not exercising I'm lifting my 35 lb. toddler, it's just not avoidable for me.
Me too.. I have been bad, lifting my 28 lb toddler. I am not feeling any pressure.

My doctors appointment is in a week and a half. I am thinking of starting light jogging next week and see how I feel.

July 31st, 2012, 01:02 PM
fairymommy's Avatar Veteran
I am 9 days pp and have more or less gone for a walk everyday since getting home from the hospital. Nothing huge, just around the park or the block. I'm planning on going for a longer one today. This morning when I got up I did some yoga (oooh it felt sooooo good!) and just a couple light core exercises. it was maybe a 20min "work out". I only have 8lbs to go to where I was pre-preg, but I want about another 5-8 past that.
I am shocked at how quickly I lost the first 20lbs, did not expect that, so I am in no real hurry to lose the last 10-15 at all!
July 31st, 2012, 04:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like a good plan Fairymommy. I did my light jogging yestereday and if felt good too. First 20 pounds melted quickly but the rest requires real work, at least for me.

July 31st, 2012, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im 4 weeks PP tomorrow, and have been doing stretching, yoga and light cardio.Feel
a million times better, especially because of nursing my back hurts a lot.
Weight is not my concern, having last all and 4 lb more since week 3,lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search