Baby Bathtubs?!?! What will you use?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Which type of baby bath tub will you be using? I love the blooming baths, I have never had one but they look so soft and comfy for baby! Then there are the basic plastic tubs that have the padding built in. Or the bath slings which can be used in a regular tub or baby bath tub. Then there is the old fashioned way; which is to bathe them in the tub with you (holding them). Lol @old fashioned I suppose that isn't all that "old fashioned", it is still widely utilized

What will you be using??

July 28th, 2012, 01:18 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we will be using DH again, I gave up on the baby tub when DS#1 was about 3 weeks old. It is so much easier to hand DH the baby, let him do the washing and rinsing, then he hands baby back to me to dry and get dressed.
LovesTheRain likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

July 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have this one
Summer Infant Newborn-to-Toddler FoldAway Baby Bath : Target

We've never used it but I liked it when I saw it. We've had one of the basic blue ones that fold up. They worked fine.

Who knows how long we'll use the tub though. With the girls we eventually just plopped them in the sink. Much easier. I couldn't bathe with them in the tub. It wasn't weird but they're slippery little buggers.

July 28th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't use baby tubs. I lay a hand towel in the big tub, add about an inch of water, add baby and wash.

July 28th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have this one...

Fisher-Price Rainforest Bath Center : Target

July 28th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we have a tub with the infant sling which is nice when they are little. I'm not sure what we'll do since we have two to bathe now. I guess play it by ear

July 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I will use a baby tub in my sink until the baby can sit up on her own, and then she will just be in my kitchen sink.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

July 28th, 2012, 04:18 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just use the kitchen sink with a towell folded up for baby. When they are super new I try to have DH or a teenager give me a hand to keep baby stable. I just don't want to spend the $$ on a tub, or have to store it somewhere, or have to lug it out at each use. I'd rather just skip it and keep things as simple as possible.
LovesTheRain likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
July 28th, 2012, 06:42 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I have this but in pink.Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather - Blue : Target
Otherwise we have a plastic one that I dont plan to use or she will justb take a bath with me.
July 28th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Were using the below tub for now so it is easier on my back. when baby gets abit bigger maybe the sink then the tub.

Fisher Price Precious Planet Whale Bath Tub - Walmart.com

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

July 28th, 2012, 09:12 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Reasons2Smile View Post
I have this but in pink.Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather - Blue : Target
Otherwise we have a plastic one that I dont plan to use or she will justb take a bath with me.
We have this as well We used it with Allie and I really liked it! Not too big so that it can fit in sink and keep me from dropping a slippery baby...and it folds up so it's nice and compact to store inbetween bathtimes.

July 29th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got one as a gift, but returned it and bought stuff that I actually need, like bras and a boppy lol. I was shocked to see that it cost like 34.00! That's a crazy waste of money.

I just bathe baby in the sink until they get old enough to be in the tub. My older kids love taking baths still so when the baby is old enough to kinda sit up alone I can just stick him/her in the tub with a big kid and it's like a treat to them LOL

July 29th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Super Mommy
I will also be skipping the tub. I find it easier to bathe them without it, and don't want to store it, so no baby tub for me.
July 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a plastic tub with the foam in it that I may end up using... I am partial to just bathing with the baby. I did that with my God daughter when she first came home from the hospital it was sooo much easier than bending with the little bath trick I use for slippery baby is to have a wash cloth around their back for traction lol.

July 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Eurobath Kit in White - Primo - Babies "R" Us

I love this tub. It is huge and you really have to have space to store it, but it functions so well. It's molded perfectly so that you don't have to hold the baby and your hands are free to wash and grab shampoo. The other end helps support them when they are learning to sit up. My son would still fit in it, i just prefer the big tub now.

July 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got a blooming bath
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.

July 29th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want a blooming bath; if I find one on sale I will buy it! My plan for now is to bathe baby in the tub with me. That is what I did for all of my babies as newborns. DH did bathe ds sometimes in the tub with him My DH did buy a bath sling at the baby shop while we were there; so I have that as well if I decide to use it.

July 30th, 2012, 08:21 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is the one i used with DS and i will use it again. It worked great and fits perfectly in the kitchen sink

Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub: Baby

February 20th, 2013, 09:26 PM
If you have newborn baby better choose bathtub with anet that wil support your baby. For those who are not comfortable or who are not able to bend down, choose a bathtub that will fit into the sink. In this way, you can comfortably stand straight. There a lot of features that you may able to search for. Baby bathtubs also comes with different designs. I hope this helps.
February 22nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um... weird lol
Stepp_Ann likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search