Pumping????

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MissMeliss0522

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Veteran
When did you first start pumping??? I was told to wait but I'm anxious to start building my stash. I'm not going back to work for another 8 weeks or so but I know it will be extraordinarily difficult for me to pump at work; I'm a teacher and can't just leave my kids whenever I need to pump. I know that legally I have to be provided a place to pump, but I don't know about having anyone to cover my classroom.

When did you start pumping????
August 4th, 2012, 05:25 AM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
I started at 4 weeks, but I'm just doing bottles once in a while for a break, I'm not going back to work, so I only pump a little here and there.

August 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Dd is a week and I've had to pump to relieve engorgement a couple times. I also have an oversupply right now so it really helps baby if I pump once a day.

August 4th, 2012, 08:02 AM
MissMeliss0522's Avatar Super Mommy
I realize my situation was different from you ladies, but the LC in the ICN obviously had me pumping right away. But once I established a relationship with the breast I still pumped. I would nurse and then pump for 10-15 minutes. Even if I didn't get hardly anything, it would encourage my supply to increase. And every time your nipples rest and then are stimulated again, your body produces more. I did this every time, and also took fenugreek along with other herbal supplements that support lactation. This carried me 5 weeks of being away from my baby and supplying ample breast milk to the hospital so he would not be given formula. Hope this helps some
THE angry uterus likes this.
August 6th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Veteran
I started pumping right away because Alexis was in the NICU. I am only feeding from the breast 1-2 times per day, the rest of the time I pump and she eats from the bottle. I have 475+ oz frozen. She is 8 weeks old! It makes me giddy everytime I think about how much I have frozen!!!!!
August 6th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to wait until 4 weeks, but I too started right away due to his tongue tie issues and lack of weight gain. I was told I likely needed to supplement, so I was going to do it with my own milk, but then didn't need to. Now though we are fighting food allergies and I have 100 or more ounces of milk I can't use for quite a while if ever and am restarting my stores.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search