MIA update. and Today's my Baby Shower!! *EDITED TO ADD A COUPLE PIX*

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By bettyearl
  • 1 Post By bettyearl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 09:03 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Hi I've been MIA for so much of the time here - I'm sorry! We took a 14hr drive to California - just me and my 3 boys of the last couple weeks and I'm totally pooped. I still have laundry to catch up on and a million pictures to sort through. Someday here I'll update my siggy Maybe after this little guy is born. I've only got about 5.5 weeks left, if things go as planned. I'm the one who's 2hrs away from the birthing center and having never made it to 39 weeks naturally, I plan to have the midwives sort of help me into labor at 38 weeks so I don't deliver in the freeway. My last labor was only 1 hr long total so it is a real concern of mine.

This pregnancy in general is going well, our house building is coming along with walls going up today for the first floor. It won't be done before the baby's born, but honestly maybe it is better this way. I was hoping to have a less busy husband at the time of delivery... but that won't happen.

After today I'll see what I still need for this baby. At this point I need just about everything for cloth diaper stuff except a pail and sprayer. I also need a car seat base. These are sort of obscure things for the regular person attending a shower to purchase, so I'm interested to see if anyone even looked at my registry I made to help people know where on earth to buy cloth diapers.

I'll add some pictures later. I know I'll be getting something quilt-like from my MIL. She's a professional quilter and she's given all my boys just wonderful baby quilts. I'm excited too because my sister, who's never ventured the 2hrs it takes to get to my house, is coming too!

Sorry for the long-winded post there. I'll try to be more active in here.

**** Here are a couple pictures from my shower. Does anyone know what I'm holding on my fingers?

And this is my little guy, Matthew who wanted to pose with the presents. He's standing in front of the car seat base I received. Yay!!! I love practical presents!

You can see the owl theme quilt my mother in law made me there in browns and greens. And don't you love the tiny little tiger Halloween costume?? Matthew also has a tiger costume and my older boys have other animals so maybe I'll be a zoo keeper

I also received some cash/gift cards that I'll use to get a big portion of the rest of the necessary stuff like cloth diaper and breastfeeding supplies.

The best part of the shower was the both my sisters from Utah drove up. Neither of them had been my direction in the 5 years we've lived here so I was thrilled! They also got to see my house walls going up!!

Here's a bonus picture of that!!

Last edited by bettyearl; August 12th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
August 10th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Thanks for the update. Hope you have a great shower!!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
August 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you have a great shower!! Thanks for the update!!

August 10th, 2012, 12:54 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to see you posting around here again! Don't be a stranger! Hope you have a great time at your shower!!!

August 10th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for updating us! I'm glad everything is going well I hope you have a great shower and have a ton of fun! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

August 10th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
So good to see your update and have fun at the shower!
August 12th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Updated post #1!!
August 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay for a great shower!!! Glad you got some things you needed! House is looking good - the framing will be done in not time, the inside it what takes forever! Can't wait to see it when it's done!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

August 12th, 2012, 03:40 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks like you got some cuuuute stuff! And your little man is even cuter!

August 12th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for the pics!!! Okay, now I am guessing those are those teepee things on your fingers? I never had any for my ds and never even saw one before. But they are shaped like a teepee! Am I right? LOL

August 12th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Thank you for the pics!!! Okay, now I am guessing those are those teepee things on your fingers? I never had any for my ds and never even saw one before. But they are shaped like a teepee! Am I right? LOL
Yes!! I haven't had them before either, but will be fun to try them out!
August 12th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
Looks like you had a fabulous shower! So happy you got to see your sisters too!
I remember my MIL buying peepee teepees for Spencer when he was a baby. It was so funny the first time he pee'd after I put one of those on him. It fell over and he kept on peeing. LOL

August 12th, 2012, 07:12 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Looks like you had a wonderful shower! And got lots of goodies to! So what are these teepee things on your fingers for exactly? I've never herd of them...

August 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your Matthew is adorable! What a cutie! You got great stuff and how fun to see your sister.

Yay, to the walls of your house going up! That has got to be exciting!

August 12th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Looks like you had a wonderful shower! And got lots of goodies to! So what are these teepee things on your fingers for exactly? I've never herd of them...
They are kind of a funny thing - during a diaper change you put one over the critical element to prevent being peed on or the baby boy peeing on himself. I was wondering if they would even stay on - I'll have to report back, ha!
CaliMommy likes this.
August 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Super Mommy
They don't really work well, but they are hilarious.. I kept a couple of my son's, just cuz I thought they were funny, and it's fun to see them, and remember him so little. Glad you had a great day, and YAY for your new house!!! *hugs*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search