Taking your lo out to dinner ????

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jakaira s Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So have you took your lo out to dinner with the family/ and or other half since he/she been born? if so, what was that like????
August 10th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yes, and I even NIP with him at the table! I've come a long way now that I have a pillow and a cover! Other then that, since he is so fussy all the time, it was a bit rough. We had to trade off on holding and eating to try to calm him down.
August 10th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Super Mommy
Nope, more so because my older son won't sit through a dinner. At this age, i don't mind eating out with lo's at all

August 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM
~*Jess*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~*Jess*~
Yup we have gone out a couple times. I nurse him to sleep at the table and eat with my free hand. He does very well...if I don't use a cover...he hates being completelly covered.

August 11th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, a couple of times. I try to work around his schedule and so far it has been great. I also dont mind standing up at the table to make my baby happy if he is fussing. NIP is also not a big deal for me.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
August 11th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes. She usually falls asleep in the car and sleeps through the meal. I feed her right before we leave the house, so she usually doesn't need to eat.

August 11th, 2012, 09:53 PM
kcmommy2be's Avatar Round #2 here we go
We have a few times. She is usually pretty good and sleeps for the most part. If she gets hungry we take turns feeding her since we do the whole bottle thing. Haven't really had a problem yet

August 12th, 2012, 10:31 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep! We've gone several times. I've even nursed her at the table, like Jamie I have a pillow and nursing cover so it's quite comfortable for me to nurse her. And, if I feel like it, it's the perfect opportunity to have a beer right after she's fed.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
August 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, we have gone out to (kid friendly) places several times with all 3 kids. Last night we went to Chevy's & had a good time...nursed right before we went out and they slept during dinner. Nursed right when we got home. The time before that, I had to nurse at the restaurant and kept switching babies on & off since I cannot nurse both together in public... that was stressful!
August 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes we have... she is usually asleep or if she has to eat... I feed her a bottle and the times when we are with sister in law she will feed her the bottle and actually let me eat. (very kind of her )
kcmommy2be likes this.
August 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM
mrsshaffer's Avatar Veteran
We have been out several times... I'll nurse him before we leave and he usually sleeps through the whole meal. One time the service at the restaurant was really slow, so I went out to the car and nursed while my husband waited for the check. Another time we went to a restaurant that was pretty far away, and I brought a bottle of pumped breast milk with us. When he woke up during dinner, I just fed him the bottle and he did great. He went right to sleep when he was finished eating.

August 16th, 2012, 05:39 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Umm I don't think I have actually and I won't be either. I'm not supposed to really have her out in public all that much since she appears to have a weak immune system, and we are so over hospital.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search