Different gender hand me downs...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By OatmealKisses
  • 1 Post By Starstrydergrrl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Super Mommy
Is anyone using anything from a different gender sibling for this baby? Besides a gender neutral item like swing, are you using anything that is obviously for another gender (very blue or very pink) for this baby?

We are using a few things like jeans (that look gender neutral) and burp rags that have barely been used or even some that have never been used. We wont have her use the very boy items like the burp rags when we are out but they will work perfectly fine while we are home. Anyone else doing this?

August 10th, 2012, 03:04 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
We are! This baby is a girl, but I will be using some pajamas, jeans, and maybe t shirts from our son. It seems wasteful to me to buy a ton of stuff over colors

We would be reusing a lot more, but I thought I was done with babies, so I got rid of just about everything.

August 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
actually Im going to be using my daughters swing for Jude..its very obviously girly but its not leaving the house ever so not a huge deal..also some of my one size pocket diapers are purple so a bit girly but as I also have a girl he may never wear them...I bought mostly gender neutral stuff when I had my daughter just in case( I was in denial I was having a girl after 2 boys)..so long as youre not putting a little boy in a dress or anything its fine..LOL

August 10th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most of Naomi's newborn sleepers are blue. She isn't going to care what color she has on while she sleeps.

August 10th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
My sister and I were both pg at the same time in 2009. We both had boys but I ended up giving all of my baby stuff away thinking we were done for at least a few years and we just didn't have the storage space in the house for all that. She kept all of her sons stuff and gave me as many of the gender neutral stuff as she could. She did give me a few blue sleepers and stuff like that that we will use on Chloe. Honestly, who's going to see her while she sleeps? LOL

August 10th, 2012, 03:55 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since she has plenty of her own clothes we're not using any of those but things like bibs and burp cloths i will be reusing even though they are blue/boyish. Other than that its mostly the big items but those are more gender neutral.

August 10th, 2012, 04:27 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep. As I was going throught the 3 million clothes I have from both my boy and girl, I threw a few "boy" sleepers and such in the pile of stuff for the baby. A couple of them are just so darn cute I couldn't help but use them on 1 more baby girl or boy

August 10th, 2012, 06:01 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
YES! My daughter was born after two boys so a lot of her early baby cloths were all pink very girly (gifts mostly) but then I got real and cloths are cloths! She actually gets mad at me now when she sees pictures of herself and asks me WHY I dressed her like that! LOL!!

This time, I have a few baby pink items that I actually dyed. I also has old burp cloths and the like that looked ratty so I dyed them. Now I have a bunch of bright blues and oranges and purples.

Sad but true, I think it is easier to put a girl in blue then a boy in pinks though..

August 10th, 2012, 06:01 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
since we don't know the sex yet, and everything I have is for a boy, yeah, it is quite possible we will use some of the "wrong" sex clothes for baby! LOL

though most everything I have for an itty bitty is gender neutral, it only starts to get obvious once we get up to the 3-6 months clothes.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

August 10th, 2012, 09:23 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Her bumbo is blue. Some of her swaddlers are blue.
Blue seems to be less of an issue on a girl for most people than pink on a boy.
I put a pink diaper cover over my son's prefold as a newborn and my hubby was NOT impressed.
jennylynnf likes this.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
August 11th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
We are reusing too but I figure she isn't going to care for a long time what colour she is wearing so no biggie. And I honestly don't care what strangers think of my little girl in a blue jumper/babygrow etc.
jennylynnf likes this.

August 11th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Jackson will be wearing a few pink swaddlers and woombies and I'm fine with that those bad boys are NOT cheap!!!

August 11th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Sapphires View Post
since we don't know the sex yet, and everything I have is for a boy, yeah, it is quite possible we will use some of the "wrong" sex clothes for baby! LOL

though most everything I have for an itty bitty is gender neutral, it only starts to get obvious once we get up to the 3-6 months clothes.

If anyone ends up with to many blue baby clothes, run a small load in the washer with a box of salt on hot and a pack of red ritz dye they will come out light purple where the blue was and light pink where the white is. I like to dye stuff to change them to new clothes. just run 3 washes 2 cold first and a warm and drys in between to set the color before washing with anything else.

we did alot of garage sale shopping in the beginning thats how I got just about ALL my baby stuff. we have blues for Jessica and some brown pants and tops and baseball theme jeans, as adults we were all colors and I dont see why as little ones they would have to wear all pinks and purples that would be boring.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
August 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, because we gave everything away after DD3. And the only things I kept were "special" items unique to each of them. So we don't have any pink stuff to share.

August 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would if we had saved anything!

That dye trick is neet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search