The baby's father

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By fairymommy
  • 3 Post By therevslady
  • 1 Post By hope71012
  • 1 Post By Bookish
  • 1 Post By kcmommy2be

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how is the baby's father adjusting with little one and his role? Is he helping as much as you expected?
August 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He doesn't help much with baby at all, but that is mostly my fault. I'm too afraid to let ANYONE else hold him cause I know exactly what he likes and how to calm him down. I'm afraid the more he cries the more *I* will be up with him at night with his gassiness and pain, and the cycle of crying and gas will continue or worsen. He's starting to get better though, so I'm starting to hand him off more so I can do thinks like eat and shower...
August 11th, 2012, 11:43 AM
fairymommy's Avatar Super Mommy
The biggest and most helpful thing he does, is in the mornings after I've fed her between 4-5am, if she stays awake dh will get up with get up with her (during the week he is usuall up by 5:30 anyways) and hang out with her while he gets ready for work, then bring her back into the bedroom with me when he leaves. It's nice, gives me an extra hour or so of undisturbed sleep. On the weekends he still gets up early with her, sometimes just comes and sleeps on the couch with her so I can sleep in. This morning I got to sleep from 5-8:15!! it was wonderful and I love him for it! <3
August 11th, 2012, 01:17 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
He's been awesome. MUCH better than with any of the others. Plus he's taking care of the other three. We had my mom come and help, but she wasn't doing anything and my husband was still doing everything. So we just asked mom to leave. I've pretty much been camped out with the baby, and the hubs has been taking care of the other three. Then when I want to take a shower/eat/etc, the hubs will take care of the baby so I can do those things. Sure, the house isn't as clean as I normally keep it, and the kids are a bit more chaotic. But he's doing his best. I hope it keeps up. This is awesome.

August 11th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH usually gets up with E at 6am. Will give her a small bottle (usually just 1-1.5 oz) and let me get an extra hour of sleep. He also goes for a walk in the morning and will take E with him.

He has come home from work a couple times so that I can shower or eat lunch which I greatly appreciate!

He is doing a lot more to help this time around. Sometimes she will fuss for me, but as soon as daddy cuddles her she is happy as can be. OR vis-versa.
THE angry uterus likes this.

August 11th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Expecting # 1
DH is doing pretty good. I knew he'd be a great Dad.
He is already back at work, I'm not. He works outside all day and is drained by the time he gets home. So I try to give him about an hour to relax when he gets home. Some days I've had it, so he'll take her right away. And I always say "I'm so sorry!!" And he says "she's my baby too. Go take a break."

He burps her best. IDK, he's just doing great imo.
kcmommy2be likes this.
August 11th, 2012, 09:54 PM
kcmommy2be's Avatar Round #2 here we go
DF is amazing!!! Since we bottle feed we pull shifts and he will stay up later so I can sleep for a while uninterrupted and then, I get up and take her so he can sleep. I am back to work now & he does amazing with her. He still finds a way to fit school in & relaxing time, plus we still make time for each other. Just like Cindy DF is always saying she is MY responsibility too, you need: more sleep, go eat, take a break etc. I'm definitely excited for #2, although glad to wait for a little while anyway
Bookish likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search