The name game....again

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By smashley8
  • 1 Post By palmetto_moon
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 1 Post By MJTKNT
  • 2 Post By OatmealKisses

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
Ok, I thought DH and I had decided on our baby girl's name WEEKS ago. I announced it on FB at 22 weeks and we told family that her name would be Chloe. At first, DH didn't like the name very much. At one point he said it sounded like a stripper's name or a name you would give a pet. Then later on he said he had gotten used to it and liked it. Now he's saying it still reminds him of a pets name and he only said he liked it to please me because he knew I loved the name so much. Well now I'm ticked that he lied about how he felt about the name. At first he was stuck on the name Chelsea. I do not like that name at all. No offense to anyone who has a child with that name. It's a pretty name, just not a name I would pick. Now he is all about the name Claire. Well ok, I do like the name Claire. It's actually a name I might consider changing to from Chloe...if our last name wasn't St. Clair. Seriously...he doesn't get why I don't want to name our daughter Claire St. Clair. I told him she will picked on in school for it and it just sounds weird to me anyway. He thinks I'm being irrational and stupid and that it's an awesome name combo. He said, "Well I went to school with a John Johnson and nobody made fun of him." Ugh. Nevermind that I have had my heart set on this name for a while and even had a blanket embroidered with the name Chloe on it - which he knew about and still said nothing. I think he did this on purpose just to drive me crazy. LOL
So my question is - Does Claire St. Clair sound weird to anyone else or is it just me?

August 12th, 2012, 12:43 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:/

I wouldn't use a name that was also a part of my last name.

August 12th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I wouldn't use Claire with your last name either

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
August 12th, 2012, 01:23 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wwouldnt do that either, I'm on your side with this one and it just sounds funny to, good luck with the final decision!

August 12th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks ladies! I didn't think I would be in the minority on this one. LOL

August 12th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Super Mommy
Chloe St. Clair sounds wonderful!! I would not (no offence) name my child a name that was also apart of my last name. That's kinda like naming my kid Pember Pemberton. >.<

August 12th, 2012, 02:58 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't use claire, but I have seen some strange names while working in a pharmacy, we had a patient names Joseph Josephs. Not something I would do...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

August 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy smokes, how does he think Claire St Claire is a good option? Men can really be silly sometimes! I'd have him run the name by other people so he can see other's reactions, I'm sure they would agree with you!
FWIW I love the name Chloe and it's totally on my list of girl names, if I ever have one, lol.
August 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the name Claire- it's going to be my daughter's middle name. BUT, I agree with you that Claire St. Claire may not be the best choice!

Maybe if DH asks other people for their opinion on Claire he will get understand your hesitation.

Chloe is way cute!

August 12th, 2012, 04:50 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, a big NO to Claire St. Clair. Regardless of other peoples opinions, I feel like your daughter will question why you named her that! Chloe is beautiful and as he told you he liked it, you have already announced it and even had a BLANKET made... Chloe should be it. I do understand wanting him to be on board with the name, but it is unfair of him to be doing this so late in the game now.
Blue_Twinkles likes this.

August 12th, 2012, 05:09 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, Claire is a fabulous name but no, Claire St. Clair cannot work for a real baby! I am totally with you on this one!!!!! See if you can get him to think of names with a similar feel, or just tell him too bad, you agreed to Chloe and I've already embroidered things with her name on it.

Okay, please don't be offended by this, but the fact that your Dh thinks that Claire St. Clair is an acceptable name keeps making me laugh out loud, literally. Men are so silly sometimes....

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
August 12th, 2012, 06:53 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I am with everyone else on the name Claire St. Claire. It sounds kind of silly.

What about Clara? It's close, but different enough to make it less silly. Or Clarice?

August 12th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that t just doesn't sound right to name your baby girl Claire St Claire. Ugh , men! I am still trying to come to an agreement with a name for our baby girl. He seems to have an excuse for every name. It is bothering the heck out of me. I suppose I'll be fine as long as she has a name before we leave the hospital!

Good Luck!

p.s. I love Chloe St Claire!

August 12th, 2012, 07:42 PM
We went over to my IL's house today and DH asked his dad what he thought of the name. HE LIKED IT TOO!! I almost fell over. LOL
It must be a guy thing. MIL didn't give her opinion but it doesn't matter anyway. I'm putting my foot down. Her name is going to be Chloe. LOL

August 12th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
well hubby picked out my girls name Jessica and used my middle name lynn and it kinda sounds close to my name Jennifer Lynn, I never thought id use the name Jessica, and i know he likes it bc he love Jessica Alba. lol and that was very silly to me to think of her whole life and tell her later, but, I thought it was really special that HE had picked out her name and didnt let anyone elses opinions matter, and as I used the name i got used to it. The daddy cant help much in a pregnancy and think its very special if they get to name them, even if sounds silly to some people it will become real later and practical when it has a face.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
August 12th, 2012, 09:32 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Only if you're a Harry Potter character can you get away with a name like that!! Your opinion matters equally!!!!

Hugs!! I know how intimidating it is to try and find a name you both like. We are still stumped on this baby.
August 12th, 2012, 11:24 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You know, when your DH sees you go through labor, and deliver that little girl- if he still wants to push for "his" name over yours, that he let you bond with over this entire pregnancy, then he needs to be smacked. I'd probably put my foot down too.

August 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubby thinks Snake is a great name for our daughter.

MrsB1227 and YumPickles like this.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
August 13th, 2012, 09:52 AM
LOL @ OatmealKisses - I hope I didn't offend you by laughing but I was just thinking there must be something going around with men and weird baby names. I hope your DH isn't too serious about Snake.

Thank you ladies! We had a "talk" last night about the name again. It kind of ended with him getting angry and doing the whole "Fine. It's going to be whatever you want anyway" thing. I just cannot name our daughter Claire St. Clair. I keep telling him that once she's here and he's able to put a face with the name that it will get better and he will start to like it. I hope I'm right...

August 13th, 2012, 08:42 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Twinkles View Post
I hope your DH isn't too serious about Snake.
Oh he is
but he knows I could never agree to that, or any other mom for that matter.
My husband is a riot sometimes. I'll never know how he comes up with some of the stuff that he does.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search