Krissy?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just thinking about you and wondering how you are doing!! It is unlike you to not log in each day, and although it is only one day, I'm worried about you! I hope all is well with you and baby boy!! Please update us asap I hope you are just resting and taking it easy!

Lots of positive thoughts being sent your way!!
Kris2you likes this.

August 13th, 2012, 06:25 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys,
I'm okay. I've been spotting so much and cramping that I haven't done hardly anything. Saturday afternoon we spent the day in L&D for the spotting and cramping. They checked me when I got there and nothing had changed from Tuesday so they gave me an iv just in case it was dehydration irritating my cervix/uterus and sent me home.

Yesterday at 4:50 I started contracting. The first ones were 14 minutes apart, then 11, and then 9. I called the OB's after hours line and the one OB in the practice that has no tact or bedside manner called me back. She was so rude. She literally said "um. ...yeah" a bunch of times, told me it was "still too early to be in labor" and that if she were me it'd be better "to just drink a ton of fluids and lay down". She then proceded to make me feel like I'm imagining anything since the contractions aren't a 9 on a scale of 1-10 and basically sighed at me. I don't want this woman in the bldg let alone the room when I deliver. I told her that I'd been drinking water like it was running out and that I hadn't moved off the couch in two days. She basically gave me the choice to go in and be checked or wait it out till morning.

So I'm going to my own doctor this am to get checked out. The blood and clots I'm passing are red now, not pink like before. I'm having a hard time walking and the cramps and contractions are uncomfortable but I'd give them a "4" on a pain scale.
I hardly slept last night but thankfully did get some. My body and mind are exhausted from all this and I just really want to sleep for days.

August 13th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Krissy,

So sorry to hear all of this. That doctor sounds like a jerk! I'd inform your doctor that you are NOT comfortable with her is she happens to be on call.

Hope you get some good news today and maybe some sleep! We'll be thinking about you. Keep us posted when you can.

August 13th, 2012, 06:54 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Oh, wow, Krissy!!! I'm just reading up on everything. I can't believe she'd treat you like that and I'm sorry you've had a very rough last couple of days. Hoping things slow down and you can keep Logan baking a couple more weeks! Please update us after your dr's appt today.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

August 13th, 2012, 07:43 AM
We're on our way down now. They're going to monitor me. The contrax are 8 mins apart now. I'm a little stressee. Today is my moms sick day for her ms meds, my dad got a promotion so he is working as is my stepmother. My sister is an hour away and just waking up so the girls are going to DHs grandmotheers until my sister gets in the area.

August 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Super Mommy
Why are they saying you're having red blood clots? That doesnt sound good. I'm praying for you and Logan, Krissy. Lots of Love! *hugs*
August 13th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Thoughts & prayers Krissy! Ugh that makes me so mad about that doctor!!! :/
August 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Super Mommy
KUP. T&P that everything is fine and that you don't have that OB come near you!!!

August 13th, 2012, 11:07 AM
destiny hope's Avatar Veteran
Make sure the baby keeps moving and it needs to be stressed to the drs that red blood clots could be a sign of placental abrubtion please make them do an ultrasound to check the placenta and blood flow around it. I had this after pre e and its scary so just rule it out. I don't want stress u out but i want u and baby to be safe. Praying all is well with u and baby
August 13th, 2012, 11:12 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thinking of you today! I hope all is okay!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

August 13th, 2012, 11:13 AM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seriously?! I can't believe they'd send you home and not be more worried about bleeding and clots!!! That's crazy! Bleeding is not good! There has to be something that's causing it and not something to just lay down and relax about! I hope you get answers today at your appt!!!

:hugs:

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

August 13th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Super Mommy
Seriously?? "You are too early to go into labor!" <- That right there alone is idiocy and I'm seriously confused as to how this person got any sort of medical degree. There are plenty of people who show signs of labor and actually go into labor on and before the point where you are now.

The bleeding is a serious concern and I hope you get the answers you are looking for today. We are all thinking about you and I'm most definitely praying for you. <3 KUP!!

August 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
thinkg about you and hoping you the baby are doing ok, keep us posted. That doc sounds like my OB, I just HOPE he's busy when I go into labor lol I kow that sounds funny but only seen him 4 times and ugh to late to get another one. Try not to stress to much and hope you get some good news after all that scary stuff.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
August 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM
We're home now. Logan is still baking. I got hooked up to the in-office monitors rather than go to L&D and my contractions are only in the 40s, baseline for me is 10/teens. They called it uterine irritation, and minor contractions. My own doctor isn't in today so I saw the office NP. She did an exam and I'm still 3 cm, he has moved a little further down. She said that the spotting is likely due to low fluids (for me, not baby). I'm drinking a lot but not really hydrating since it's been so humid.

Logan is kicking like crazy. He passed the 10/hour kick count in the first 15 minutes and she said he reacted well with each contraction. His hb was 120s to 140s (when I had a contraction it went up, then settled back to the 120s which is where he's been the last few months). They didn't do an ultrasound because he was reacting.

The bleeding isn't heavy bleeding, just lots of spotting. The clots I saw was the rest of my plug. She said it's gone now and that I should expect a bit of spotting from now till deliver but I should only worry if it becomes a flow. She also said all the checks I've had in the last three days aren't helping it stop because everytime they check it irritates the cervix.

When we went in on Saturday they did an iv and the nurse messed up big time. If you're not queasy, this is a pic I posted on FB of my awesome vein explosion.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...12423755_o.jpg

She said they aren't going to stop labor but they won't help it at this point. My next appt is Tuesday when I'll be 36wks, 4 days. If I'm still contracting at that point, the nurse said my OB may sweep my membranes.

August 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG I can not believe the nurse on the phone I would have reached through and strangled her myself!! Thoughts and prayers are coming your way!! Please keep us posted I know you must be really scared I know I would be!

August 13th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you had to deal with such an awful woman!! I am so glad that you and Logan are doing well! Ugh, the pic of your vein explosion is something else. Geesh, that's crazy!! I hope Logan stays put for a little longer!! Lots of positive thoughts coming your way KUP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search