After baby is born wardrobe (for you)....

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone going to be getting new clothes(for yourself) after the baby is born? Or just going back to your wardrobe from before you got pregnant??

August 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
That depends on if I can still fit into my old wardrobe ha ha but I do plan on replacing the cloths I tossed out I don't wear anymore. I would like to keep it but that just depends on if I can fit into them again

August 12th, 2012, 07:09 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
All depends on what size I am. I haven't gained much weight so hopeing tat after my 6-8 weeks post partum, I can still wear my pre-preggo stuff.

August 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Probably just back to my old wardrobe.
August 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Super Mommy
I want to wait until I lose all of my baby weight before I buy new stuff. I'm hoping this diet works the way it did before, and I can go out and buy LOTS of cute new clothes! Thats something so exciting to look forward to!!
August 12th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I will be buying lots of new clothes, but I will wear a lot of my old clothes also. I was in need of an updated wardrobe before I got pregnant. I recently found a really good store that has a ton of clothes that I like, so I will be going there to get a bunch of stuff.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

August 12th, 2012, 09:22 PM
LuxRuin's Avatar Veteran
I will be buying new stuff too because I was super skinny before I got pregnant and it took me a few years to get back to that size, so I imagine it will be a while before I can wear them again. I needed new stuff anyway!
jennylynnf likes this.

-Sarah

DD #1: 13yo
DS #1: 10yo
DD #2: 5 yo
DS #2: Born September 22, 2012
August 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All depends on what size I am after. I've gained about 15 lbs thus far, so I'm hopeful that I won't have to go any bigger. If I need smaller stuff though, I'll jump for joy and rush out for a shopping spree.

August 12th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be buying some new clothes to add to my prepregnancy clothes. I waited on buying more maternity clothing the last few months of this pregnancy so I could instead buy regular clothes and not feel guilty for spending money on myself. I some how always manage to feel bad when I spend money on me even though DH is constantly encouraging me to buy myself things. I am always buying things for DH and the kids instead.
jennylynnf likes this.

August 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM
LuxRuin's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed Mommy Of 5 View Post
I will be buying some new clothes to add to my prepregnancy clothes. I waited on buying more maternity clothing the last few months of this pregnancy so I could instead buy regular clothes and not feel guilty for spending money on myself. I some how always manage to feel bad when I spend money on me even though DH is constantly encouraging me to buy myself things. I am always buying things for DH and the kids instead.
Michelle! This is SO ME!!! I swear I just spent 15 dollars on a hair trim, and felt so bad after because it was just a trim and I really didn't even need it and that 15 bucks could have bought back to school socks or something silly.

My Husband rides my tail about it all the time but I cannot help it!

-Sarah

DD #1: 13yo
DS #1: 10yo
DD #2: 5 yo
DS #2: Born September 22, 2012
August 13th, 2012, 04:18 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll just be wearing my pre-preggo stuff. If I don't fit into it right away then I'll wear my maternity bottoms and no one will know the difference

August 13th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on hopefully fitting back into my pre-pregnancy clothing. I may splurge on a couple new fun pieces of clothing for myself to celebrate getting my body back, but mostly can't wait to have my wardrobe extended with all of my old prepreg stuff! I'm getting tired of wearing the same things over and over! But I've refused to buy new maternity as I won't wear it enough at this point.

August 13th, 2012, 05:59 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'll be going right back to my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. Fingers crossed, if this goes like my other ones, I won't need any transitional clothes, and I can wear my old stuff right away. But, my birthday is Sept 21st, so I'll probably splurge a little and get myself a few new pieces of clothing!!!

Michelle, I know I mentioned this before, but I'm also the same way! I feel soooo guilty if I spend anything on myself, so at least I can feel a little less of it if it's a birthday gift.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

August 13th, 2012, 06:18 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be going right back into my prepregnancy clothes...well actually I can still wear them since I'm STILL down over 30lbs this pregnancy. After the birth I'm expecting to be down between 40-50lbs from my prepregnancy weight...so I HOPE I still have some clothes that will fit without hanging off of me! I might have to go buy a few new things but for the most part I'll be digging through the closet finding clothes that I outgrew before that will fit me again

August 13th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I should be right back into my prepregnancy clothes since I've only gained 11 pounds.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
August 13th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Super Mommy
I think I will probably be in some transitional clothes for a while- yoga pants and cute tops- things that are forgiving, because I lost so much weight in the 12-18 months leading up to getting pregnant that I only have "skinny" clothes. Which is great on one hand because they are all fairly new to me, but on the other hand, I have gained 30+ lbs and will certainly not be squeezing right back into those.
Like some of you ladies, I've been making do with a very small maternity wardrobe, and my plan is to get a couple of pairs of cuter workout pants and just live in my gym gear until I can wear regular stuff...which should also keep me from having to buy larger summer clothes (it's going to be hot in Atlanta for quite a while still).
jennylynnf likes this.
August 13th, 2012, 07:20 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my non pregnancy stuff still fits, so I will be wearing it once baby is born. Though I do hope come january I will be buying some smaller sizes!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

August 13th, 2012, 07:35 AM
sexypepsi25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will work my butt off to get back into my pre-pregnancy stuff. I will probally buy a outfit or two after I get to my weight I want as a reward

August 13th, 2012, 10:22 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll just wear my maternity & forgiving clothing until I can fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. I won't be happy with myself until I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight anyways, aside from my boobs, they aren't going to get any smaller while breastfeeding!!

I can't WAIT to start working out again.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

August 13th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
I was a size 0-2 130 lbs and had lost 130 lbs before i got pregnant, lol now im in 18 and XL yoga pants and 205 lbs. I will have to wear what ive been wearign for a cpl months, will buy a cpl reg clothes once my belly shrinks down and throw away these ive worn for SO long and tired of, but it will be awhile of breastfeeding before I can cut calories back to less than 1000 a day and shrink back down. i was on 500 cal for like 6 months before i got pregnant, so thats why my doc made me eat eat eat I had no stores of vitamins. but I will get back to it, but she comes first. and THEN i already told hubby hes talking me shopping for new clothes!!!!!!!!!

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search