Baby Shower gift ideas

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By morethanamom4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I hate the idea of registering for traditional "stuff" at a baby store. I just recently discovered that Our365 Portraits (who does in-home baby pics) has a gift certificate program. Do you think it's tacky if I ask people to buy me gift certificates for professional pics instead of baby stuff? I'd really love to have a photographer come to my home and take baby pics without having to pay for it! Thoughts? Thanks!
August 13th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
I don't think it's tacky. It would just depend on how you ask.

August 13th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it is a cool idea. Unique and if you don't need all the traditional stuff then why ask for more of it?

~mommy of 3 angels and one handsome boy~

August 13th, 2012, 01:36 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I would talk to a relative, or who ever is throwing the shower, letting them know this is what you really want. That way they can tactfully suggest it to attendants if they ask for gift ideas, without it looking like you are demanding which gifts you want.

I hope you have a great shower!

August 13th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it is tacky it is what you want!! I asked one of my friends for a shutterfly gift certificate for the 8 by 10 photo book so that after Aden is born I can design his baby book and shutterfly will do the rest! I love the idea of asking for a certificate for photo's.

August 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always been told that if you have something in specific you really want, you should tell the host/hostess to pass the word around. For example, when we got married, we didn't really need anything as we'd been living together for a couple years. We didn't get to take a honeymoon though, because we didn't have a lot of extra money. So my parents and DH's told people when they asked where we were registered that we were signed up at Bed Bath & Beyond but we could really use gift cards or cash so that we could enjoy our first weekend together as a couple.

I'm sure your hostess could just tell everyone for you BUT I am told it is tacky to say so yourself
Sprinkle 2010 likes this.

Tags
gifts , pics , shower

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search