Final Appointment

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kcmommy2be
  • 1 Post By ohfiddleheads

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 03:08 PM
kcmommy2be's Avatar Round #2 here we go
I had my final Dr appointment today. It is a nice feeling to know all is good and I can now completely live a "normal" life again. I was happy to have it with the NP too and not my Ob. I will miss the NP but as DF & I left the office, we both agreed that for our next child I would like to find an Ob I love just as much as I did my NP from this office. I asked her (NP) about how long we "should" wait until we start trying for baby #2... she told me since I'm Post C-Section about a year... of course, we secretly wonder if she was thinking "I bet she's back within 6 months" LOL.

Plan is to enjoy the rest of this year focusing on Miss Kira & then start considering "trying" in January... it took us 5 months of "trying" to conceive Kira, so I'd be about 10 months, that's close to a year... right
THE angry uterus likes this.

August 17th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If I were to ever have another, I'm not sure what I would do. I love my docs, but since I've delivered TWICE now without the doc present, maybe I should think of a homebirth? I'm not sure, not sure DH would go for it either. I have only had ONE baby that didn't involve pitocin, and that was a natural labor that lasted 3 hours. The two following were also fast, but also involved pitocin to augment labor. The pain was Horrible with those last two. George was a natural pitocin delivery.
August 17th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Well, I'm hoping I will be moved by the time I get pregnant again, and if we are still here, but are moving quickly (1-2 months from finding out) I may just put off finding an ob until we move.

August 18th, 2012, 02:01 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If we decide to go for number two, we're waiting until Hannah is at least two (because I really want to make sure everything is fully recovered and then some from the section so I can have a VBAC provided that LO cooperates and turns) and I am DEFINITELY using a midwife again. If I'm back in New West by the time that happens then I'm DEFINITELY using the same midwifery. There's no question about it. I am so pleased with the care that I received even though they weren't able to deliver my baby for me, but that was due to unforeseen circumstances that nobody could do anything about.

It feels great to be done, though, doesn't it? I had my last appointment on Tuesday and it was sad that I won't see my midwives anymore, but I'm so glad to be back to normal and have a healthy baby.
kcmommy2be likes this.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
August 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=ohfiddleheads;26419447If we decide to go for number two, we're waiting until Hannah is at least two (because I really want to make sure everything is fully recovered and then some from the section so I can have a VBAC provided that LO cooperates and turns) and I am DEFINITELY using a midwife again. If I'm back in New West by the time that happens then I'm DEFINITELY using the same midwifery. There's no question about it. I am so pleased with the care that I received even though they weren't able to deliver my baby for me, but that was due to unforeseen circumstances that nobody could do anything about.

It feels great to be done, though, doesn't it? I had my last appointment on Tuesday and it was sad that I won't see my midwives anymore, but I'm so glad to be back to normal and have a healthy baby.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to be done, happy to have a healthy baby, but we definitely want more. I am and only child & both my parents were only children, so it's has been kinda lonely on my end with not much family. DF on the other hand has a sister, and a half-sister & 2 0r 3 half-brothers and his dad has like 3 or 4 siblings I think & his mom had 10 siblings, so we would like to be some where between the extremes with our family

Last edited by kcmommy2be; August 18th, 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search