Evening walk...cats predicting labor...**PICS**

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TuckrLeesMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So i have been walking like crazy as i am now officially over due, i have been walking like a mad woman trying to get this baby moving.
Well tonight i walked my usual mile loop with my family. while i did so there were cats...like every cat in the dang neighborhood came crawling out of the wood work for some lovins.
at one point one cat came down off his porch, walked all the way across the street, and when i said hello to this little kitty he rubbed up against my legs and i had to stop walking or i would have tripped on him. so i bent down and pet him a little and then started walking again. this cat decided he was going to walk with me and followed me for over a block, just walked right along with me. ive never seen this cat before. never played with it or became familiar. so my mom took a pic because he was just walking right along with me....
then my mom mentioned that she read cats follow pregnant women who are about the go into labor.
our family friend has a son, he will be 2 in december, and when she was about to go into labor her usually reclusive cat came down stairs from his usual lurking spot and followed her all night and the next day she went into labor and he followed her back and forth as she walked the house thru contractions.

after the kitty in the pictures followed me for little over a block, (he then turned around and went back in the direction of his porch) not to far away another cat came swooping off his porch to rub around my legs, he didnt follow me, but just 3 houses later there was another that darted out of a bush and nearly tripped me. i gave him a pet and off i went. that one didnt follow me either, but i found this whole walk very strange with all the cats...
i saw plenty of them, one coming up to me, coincidence, 2, thats weird, but 3 and being followed for some time?

what do you ladies think? has anyone else had animals act strangely towards you right before you went into labor?

this is the kitty that followed me

this was after we had walked a ways. he was just content as h*ll to walk right along with me.
Corrupt and aubers68 like this.

August 25th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not sure, but I hope so because I know you are more than ready to have your baby!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

August 25th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
boy am i ever ready!!! hes just taking his sweet old time!
i know this could very well be "wishful thinking" but it was very strange!

August 26th, 2012, 08:48 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
That's too funny! I've never had any experiences like that, but I hope it means something for you!
August 26th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The day my water broke my dog would literally not leave my side. It was to the point that it was cute but very annoying. Hope this is it for you!

Jan 2010 August 2011

August 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I still got nothing :/ so it was probably just a cute coincidence. My boy is just partying it up all nice and snuggled in and just doing his thing. Sticking his feet where they aren't exactly comfortable. No signs at all. What-so-ever.

August 26th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Mom to Madeline
Good luck! They say animals have excellent intuition!
August 26th, 2012, 06:24 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I don't know about labor but my cats have always been extra lovey when I'm pregnant. With my first I only had Bella Donna and she laid on my belly till I was too big for her to anymore, then she laid on my legs. With my daughter I had Bella Donna and Inca and Inca was already super lovey so I couldn't tell if it was because if the pregnancy or not. This time I have three cats, Jubilee is usually very independent and she was sticking to me a bit more than usual and Inca who had grown out of her lovey phase became stuck to me like glue. I wonder if it's a hormone thing?

August 26th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Possibly. I've given up thoughts that it has anything to do with labor. Lol I'm just ready to cry. My appointment to discuss my induction is in the morning. I'm desperate...
I was hoping that kitty voodoo would wear off on me! That was the last store of energy I had was to go for that walk. I'm so big and uncomfortable and in so much pain I haven't been able to move all day :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search