Headaches

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2012, 09:13 PM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG! I can't seem to get rid of them. I have to had a headache every day for the past three weeks. They and go throughout the day. Nothing I've tried helps / relieves them. Anyone else have this problem???

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014
August 26th, 2012, 05:17 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I had a really bad one yesterday. They are the kind of headache I get when I don't have enough sleep so I will be having more of them. They don't respond to painkillers at all.
August 26th, 2012, 05:56 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I had them really bad (like bad migraines) after my first two. I think it was a side affect of the epidural. I've had mild hormonal headaches this time and last time, but nothing too bad.

Be sure to drink LOTS of water and continue to eat healthy. But I think to a certain degree, it's part of the changes going on.

August 26th, 2012, 08:58 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I had headaches for a few weeks after all of my children, the doctor always said it was just the fluctuating hormones (since I didn't have an epidural).
August 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
I have. Today I haven't had one. But the last two days I did. I blame lack of sleep and eating. I know I need to eat but sometimes when presented with fall asleep with the baby or get up and eat, sleeping wins.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
August 27th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I have had headaches the last 3 days that just won't go away. Hope this passes soon!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 27th, 2012, 03:23 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Mine come and go and they are directly related to how much sleep I get. I used to see a doctor for chronic migraines in college and he said that you're more likely to get headaches if your sleep patterns are different every night. With a newborn, that's kinda hard to avoid . I notice that napping midday helps a lot though.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

August 27th, 2012, 06:13 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I'm having headaches every day as well. I'm not sure if its the tiredness or iron or something else. I'm going to ask at Oz's 4 week appt tomorrow. BTW I didn't have an epidural.

Pinterest
Flickr
August 31st, 2012, 02:27 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Not this time. With my son, I had truly debilitating headaches. They were like the worst kind of migraines and paracetamol didn't touch them. The doctor pooh-poohed it away as being down to the epidural, though the hospital anaesthetists didn't agree, and prescribed co-codamol, which combined with the gel cold compresses you can buy took the edge off. In the end, my ex got me some shop-bought iron tablets to try because he suspected anaemia. The iron tablets made a little bit of difference. So I went back to the doctor and told him and asked for a full blood count. He said he didn't think I was anaemic, he'd "be able to see it in my eyes". I said whether he thought I was anaemic or not, I was demanding a full blood count. Had one, and 2 days later the surgery rang asking me to come in immediately. I was dangerously anaemic and needed STRONG iron pills. The headaches began to improve immediately.

It may be worth looking into this if you haven't already and ask for a blood test or take some over the counter iron to see if it makes a difference first?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search