im losing it...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 6 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife
  • 1 Post By therevslady
  • 1 Post By therevslady
  • 3 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By irunpink

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so i am officially over due...
i am so frazzled. i dont have the energy to do ANYTHING!!! i managed a walk yesterday and that was so taxing i literally didnt move all day today
i am so big...i cant sleep, i cant sit, lay down, or breathe without wanting to cry...
i have a docs appointment in the morning to discuss induction.
i am kinda bummed....
i really dont want to be induced, but i know i cant take much more of this....
i know i have complained a lot before this point but the end of this pregnancy has taken so much from me....
my doctor wants to discuss induction thoroughly tomorrow, because she is afraid that because my hips are so narrow that i will have to have an emergency c-section.

im just so overwhelmed
i am in so much pain and so miserable that i cant even leave my couch
how have you ladies who have gone over coped?
how the heck did you manage?
i seriously thought he would have been here by now.....

August 27th, 2012, 04:58 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Im going to give you my opponion, you dont have to take advice but honestly, ive l know a smalllll woman like 48kg woman with NO hips have a 9lb baby and a woman with what appeared to be big hips end up with a csection so if i were you i woulmt be letting your doctor scare you into medical intervention unless they are willing to do an xray on your pelvis. Inductions are much harsher on your body and on your baby if you're both not ready and I really wouldn't recommend it unless it was for medical reasons. Going over due isn't IMO medical enough unless things are going down hill. I like the saying that babies arent cupcakes, the majority of FTM do go over, I did by 10 days. Sleep, relax, eat and enjoy time by yourself because your whole life is about to change and I promise you won't be pregnant forever. I hope he comes out soon for you, I really feel for you

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
August 27th, 2012, 05:55 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I'm with Emma. I'm a small woman, was smaller before babies. My mom loved to say I had no hips and no butt. I've now given birth vaginally three times and my babies aren't tiny. That girl I keep talking about, the birth goddess who walked into the hospital at a ten and had no clue, yeah she is teeny tiny. Thin and tall, like a supermodel. Maddie, I will be so glad when you get the heck away from that doc of yours. She is either incompetent or has her own agenda. You'll be better off away from er. As for going overdue, it's very common with FTM's. It sucks but it's not forever. Count yourself lucky that you don't have other kids to take care of while feeling like that. Relax, light some candles, meditate, watch movies, do whatever you want because any day now those days are over.
berryblue031 likes this.

August 27th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amen to the above posters!
August 27th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicWife View Post
I'm with Emma. I'm a small woman, was smaller before babies. My mom loved to say I had no hips and no butt. I've now given birth vaginally three times and my babies aren't tiny. That girl I keep talking about, the birth goddess who walked into the hospital at a ten and had no clue, yeah she is teeny tiny. Thin and tall, like a supermodel. Maddie, I will be so glad when you get the heck away from that doc of yours. She is either incompetent or has her own agenda. You'll be better off away from er. As for going overdue, it's very common with FTM's. It sucks but it's not forever. Count yourself lucky that you don't have other kids to take care of while feeling like that. Relax, light some candles, meditate, watch movies, do whatever you want because any day now those days are over.
exactly that. I went to 41 weeks 2 days this time. And I had a. 17 month old who needed to be cared for. There was no laying around and relaxing. So be glad that you can just sit on the couch and relax, watch a movie, etc. being past your EDD sucks, but it is just that, an estimate. Most FTMs do go late. And I agree with everything te others said re:induction and size. Don't let them push you into it because inductions come with risks too. I know a lot of people who were induced and had to have c-sections, because their body wasn't ready yet or the pitocin caused the baby to be in distress.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
August 27th, 2012, 07:45 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
The last few days really do suck but the time will pass soon enough. Like some of the others said, just keep yourself distracted as best you can.
August 27th, 2012, 07:45 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
The average first time pregnancy is 41.5 weeks. I wouldn't allow induction until 42 weeks unless you or baby were in serious danger.

It's hard. Trust me, I know. 42 weekers tend to be a trend for me. I've only had one "on time" and it was still at 40 and 1day. Sitting around on my butt waiting tends to drive me crazy. So I did my best to stay busy. I walked and walked and shopped (I never have money so it was window shopping for me). I did my parent's grocery shopping. I visited family. It became easier to stay busy once I had other kids because I could take them to do kid stuff. This summer we visited every public park in the city. I read A LOT. Whenever I sat around, I got bored, I worried, and was just miserable.

I also prayed. A lot. My husband would watch the other kids and I would visit churches around the metro area and I would sit in the pews and pray. For hours. I also visited an orthodox monastery a couple of times. I prayed with monks in a church with no air conditioning at almost 100 degrees at 42 weeks pregnant for a few hours, then went on a hike where on a trail where the monks have posted prayers and scripture along the way.

Oh, and I make things. Knitting, sewing, crocheting stuff helps keep my mind busy and helps pass the time. It also helps fill my "nesting" need, so I am filling my nest with things for baby and not wasting too much physical energy.

I also agree with the other ladies that it is so difficult when you have other kids to manage. I look back on my first pregnancy when I passed my EDD, and it was much harder, even though it should have been easier. I had nothing to do and no one to take care of but myself. Silly me. If I could have done it all over again, I would have taken a load off and thrown my worries out the window.

I think ultimately the thing that helped me the most was knowing and trusting my body. If I ever wavered (and I did) in trusting my body and it's creator, I would pray for faith. My education was a big help too: knowing how far off even the best predicted ESTIMATED due dates can be, knowing how wrong and out of date Naegele's rule is for estimating due dates (which is what our current system uses), knowing the hormonal process that takes place for birth to begin (baby's lungs emit hormones to trigger labor once the baby is ready and developed), and I could go on. Just having a basic scientific understanding of how labor works helped me hold my sanity.

I also have friends who have gone to 43 weeks before they went into labor. I just kept telling myself, at least I haven't passed 43 weeks! Many women think that there is something wrong with their bodies, they loose faith in their bodies, and think they will never go into labor. People do not stay pregnant forever. You just have to be patient and give yourself and the baby time. It will all happen if you let it.
smashley8 likes this.

August 27th, 2012, 08:57 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I agree completely with what the others have said! I went to 41 weeks with my first, and thankfully haven't gone over with any of my other babies (Knock on wood!), but I wish I had just let myself relax and enjoy those last few days being pregnant, as miserable as I was. Also, Que gave you some great information! I don't think "elective" inductions are really the way to go, I allowed myself to be talked into being induced with my third because they said they didn't think I would make it to the hospital in time (I had a 3 hour labour with my second, and live an hour and a half away), and it was a huge mistake.

If you're afraid of ending in a c-section, I would think that you would have more of a chance of being induced, it not working, and ending in a c-section, than you would ending in a c-section because of a small frame. I know MANY people who are tiny (like, less than 100 lbs tiny) who have had uncomplicated, vaginal births.
August 27th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is your doctor just saying your hips are too small by looking at you? It's impossible to know the size of a woman on the inside and her birthing ability by her hip circumference.

I went 5 days past my due date with my first. It's hard to trust that our bodies and babies will do what they're supposed to when they're supposed to. It's easier to have a doctor who supposedly knows it all tell us when we have to have our babies by. I hate the idea of being induced but in the back of my head I'm worried about not being induced if this baby doesn't come by the weekend because it's been drilled into my head that it could be bad to let the baby stay in there too long.

I'm totally with you on being uncomfortable! I am exhausted from not being able to sleep, I'm trying to get things done and get out for walks but the energy just isn't there. But since I know I only have a limited number of days left to just do stuff I want to do, I'm making sure to have "me" time, read books, cook, organize, relax, watch TV or movies and just enjoy this "down time". Well, as down as time gets with a busy little girl to chase around.

It won't be much longer before you can get comfortable again so try to something special just for you and really enjoy every moment you have to yourself!!
August 27th, 2012, 01:35 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I hope it's okay that I'm lurking...

I sympathize with you very much. I am very petite with small hips- size 0-2 when I got pregnant. My last pregnancy went to 41 weeks, and I had a 10 lb 9 ounce baby. But I did it, vaginally, without medication even. There was no distress to him and no trauma to my body down there. The last days are the hardest. But our bodies are incredible and capable of so much if we just trust them.
August 27th, 2012, 03:25 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Saw your FB post, hope today is your day . Good luck!
therevslady likes this.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search