How is your baby wearing going?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes
  • 3 Post By magz88
  • 4 Post By Hopefulpinkangel
  • 4 Post By irunpink
  • 6 Post By AllyssaM
  • 3 Post By Corrupt
  • 2 Post By afwifey09
  • 1 Post By therevslady
  • 1 Post By one.juniper

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2012, 01:36 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I think me and Theo finally have the hang of the Moby-style wrap. I have tried once or twice the past 3 or 4 days and haven't been super successful. But now that Theo won't let me put him down for even 5 minutes I had some real incentive to figure it out.

OMG - it so much better. I may even go for a walk tomorrow.

The only problem is that I think I have it slung too low and I can see it being murder on my back.

How are your experiences? I can't wait till my Mum finishes the mei tai though - I think that will be a lot let of a hassle to put on.
Ever, Corrupt and Hopefulpinkangel like this.
August 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's going great!

Molly loves the sling and it makes going out with both kids so much easier!
Ever, AllyssaM, Corrupt and 1 others like this.

Jan 2010 August 2011

August 28th, 2012, 01:57 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
We are doing the k'tan. I shopped for 2 hours today while she slept in it. Also made dinner with her in it the other day. She loves being close , and so do I .

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

August 28th, 2012, 02:02 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I couldn't figure out the Moby again & didn't have the patients for it [I know it's easy once figured out, but meh] so we jumped straight to the Ergo. I don't have the NB insert - But I just roll up a blanket and put it on the bottom and then I froggy her legs and put her in. She sits perfect and she's nice & snug in there. She loves it! I've worn her a handful of times out and about - It's so much easier with two/so much easier then lugging around the car seat. . . I've also wore her around in the house a few times to get things done this past week when she wasn't wanting to sleep - She zonked right out!

And for fun - This is when I first tried her out in the Ergo. DD1 saw it and wanted in - Hah! Every time I am getting it on to put Adalyn in, Emmersyn ask if it's her turn. Aww. She's so heavy in there compared to Adalyn!
therevslady, Ever, Corrupt and 3 others like this.

August 28th, 2012, 02:28 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only tried our Moby twice and so far I am not a fan. The first time I felt like she was in there too tight, the second I felt like it was too loose. The shoulders kept falling down. I guess I should practice but I've sort of blown that off since our Ergo is coming via mail soon! Hopefully that goes better. I longed to be a baby wearing momma and it just doesn't seem to be going well yet.

August 28th, 2012, 02:50 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyssaM View Post
I don't have the NB insert - But I just roll up a blanket and put it on the bottom and then I froggy her legs and put her in. She sits perfect and she's nice & snug in there.
Good idea! I have a Snugli but I wasn't sure what to do with his legs - I will try the rolled up towel.
August 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
I like to wear her while we're out and occasionally around the house if she doesn't want to settle long enough for me to get stuff done.
Ever, Hopefulpinkangel and magz88 like this.
August 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I've been using my k'tan and love it so far, and more importantly, so does Ava! She instantly zonks out when she gets in there.
Ever and Hopefulpinkangel like this.

My Ovulation Chart
August 28th, 2012, 04:52 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Great. I've mastered two basic carries and both versions of each with my woven. My favorite is the front wrap cross carry with legs out. He loves to be wrapped.

August 28th, 2012, 06:52 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I have not carried her yet! I tried her in my chunei and I just don't like it in a front carry. Maybe a wrap for our next try.

August 28th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used my Moby successfully with Owen, but so far Elise HATES it. I need to research a better wrap- I've only tried the newborn hug hold. So I carry her around. Maybe it's her size? She a lot smaller than O was at the same age.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

August 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
My other kids would be so neglected if it weren't for babywearing! It's made Dr's visits so easy and simple too. So far I've used the Moby-style wrap the most, a regular pocket sling has been a close running second. Today I had to drop off the youngest boys with the hubs while he was out and I used the ergo with insert (my husband's carrier) and it was super comfy too.

Maybe one day soon, I'll get out all of my carriers and have a fashion show and take pics, lol. I still have other carriers that I have yet to use.
AllyssaM likes this.

August 29th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love my Beco and so does Caleb! It's been a lifesaver with another child!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
August 29th, 2012, 08:16 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Eh. Not as well as I thought it would. Its been so hot that I feel like I'm dying every time I wear him outside. I'd really love to be able to take the dogs for a walk and wear him but I just can't manage it out in the August sunshine. Maybe once September arrives?

As for around the house - he's just not fussy. If he's awake he's content to be sitting in his rocker watching me so I haven't felt the need to wear him in the house.
tryingfornumber1 likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search