Update on Elias & I

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2012, 10:03 AM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Elias is growing like a weed. He was up to 9 pounds 2 oz last week at his 5 week check. We're still trying to figure out everything his tummy doesn't like. The doctor is trying different formulas. So far only the Enfamil Gentlease seems to work for him. We use gas drops and he seems less fussy at night now.

He now likes his bath as long as it's warm enough and we keep pouring water over his belly. He also loves the sound of the vacuum. We use it get him to calm down when he's really fussy at night but when I vacuum the house he falls asleep no matter what

He's grown over 2 inches. He out grew him newborn outfits over night! Yet his 0-3 month clothes are still a little big on him. So we go through lots of outfits until we find something that works right now.

Elias naps every 2-4 hours for around 2-3 hours at a time unless something wakes him. At night we swaddle him and he'll sleep 5-7 hours. We're happy about that.

I'm doing well. I cry less and am healing well. I get stressed some days but that's getting better as well. Over all I think it's going better.

August 29th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Glad things are going better for both of you now. You made it through that rough start, and now you can handle whatever comes your way.

My little guy is still in NB clothes, but he's getting too long for quite a few of his sleepers. Yet the 0-3 month sleepers would swallow him.

It's funny how different our babies can be. I had swaddled Jackson, and it worked great in the first week and a half. Then he hit a growth spurt and started stretching a lot. When I swaddled him, he would break his arms out and then try vigorously to do the same with his legs. I started using the sleep sacks, and now he's happy as a clam.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
August 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Glad to hear things are improving for you and Elias

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search