feeling discouraged **UPDATE**

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By Ever
  • 2 Post By mama4life
  • 1 Post By irunpink
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tomorrow should be my last OB appointment and the doctor is going to check my cervix and wants to book my induction date, unless I'm obviously in labour when I'm there. They told me they'll let me go to 41 weeks 2 days, which puts me at September 5th. With DD I went 40w 5d without any mention at all of induction that I can recall, so I want to know why they're pushing it this time. There's no medical reason that I'm aware of.

I know I can decline induction, and the cervical check if it's going to stress me out. But I really want to go into labour on my own and not have them need to do anything to augment it. It's just upsetting me that they'll even book it tomorrow. I'll only be 3 days overdue!

It's hard to trust what my body's doing when I keep hearing the doctors tell me how it's going to be done.

Just got back from the appointment. I'm 2 cm dilated and about 40% effaced, so my cervix is favourable for labour whether natural or by induction. We talked about it and I explained my fears and he has no problem letting me go on until next Thursday before inducing so long as I get ultrasounds and have an NST every few days to make sure the baby's doing well.

I'm shocked I'm only 2 cm though. With DD I was 3 cm for weeks before my due date. I just figured my body, having done this before, would have kicked in and made a little (or a lot!) more progress by now.

So if I don't go into labour by Saturday I have an ultrasound at the hospital that morning, then another one and an NST on Tuesday. I'm praying it just happens. Like, now.

I did let him sweep my membranes while he was checking me and I'm feeling crampy and some pressure. Maybe something will happen before Saturday.

Last edited by Ever; August 30th, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
August 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is a bummer. So much undue stress gets put on pregnant women....and by their care Providers of all things. I had a OB once tell me she needed to break my water b/c my labor wasn't "normal" but then my husband asked her if me and the baby were ok...she said " well..yes"... to which he said.."what's not normal about that??! " after a bit of our probing her she finally admited that she wanted to go home. She was trying to have me believe my labor was abnormal so that she could go home! All this to say stick to your guns and make them give you a darn good reason! And I will pray its a non issue and that labor will start on its own and at the perfect time. Excited for you...team green right?
Carwen*Angel and Ever like this.

August 29th, 2012, 02:51 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Good luck at your appt. Can you ask them if you can wait to schedule it? Hope things get started for you soon. Hang in there .
Ever likes this.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

August 29th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama4life View Post
That is a bummer. So much undue stress gets put on pregnant women....and by their care Providers of all things. I had a OB once tell me she needed to break my water b/c my labor wasn't "normal" but then my husband asked her if me and the baby were ok...she said " well..yes"... to which he said.."what's not normal about that??! " after a bit of our probing her she finally admited that she wanted to go home. She was trying to have me believe my labor was abnormal so that she could go home! All this to say stick to your guns and make them give you a darn good reason! And I will pray its a non issue and that labor will start on its own and at the perfect time. Excited for you...team green right?
She wanted to go home?! That was her reason? That's disgusting! To try and make you believe that something was wrong just so she could go home!

With DD I had an amazing nurse who actually stayed over her shift because she wanted to meet Kailyn when she was born. There should be more nurses like that!

I'm team blue. I was hoping he'd be born today actually so he'd share my Dad's birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunpink View Post
Good luck at your appt. Can you ask them if you can wait to schedule it? Hope things get started for you soon. Hang in there .
I'm going to ask the reason behind only letting me go 41w 2d and I'll be asking them to hold off longer if it's not medically necessary. I'm really hoping labour starts by Friday or Saturday and I'll just be worrying for nothing!
August 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
The pressure they put on you can be very stressing. Do what you want to do - hopefully your labour will come on naturally.
August 29th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Too bad he didn't come today...I guess he wants a birthday all to himself. Hope you are in labour tomorrow at your appointment! Hope your concerns are non-issues
Ever likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely hope they lay off and you can be left alone to start labor on your own.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

August 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I wish they wouldn't be like this too. Every woman is different and some may well gestate slightly longer than the "norm" (I clearly do but have not been allowed to reach whatever gestation that would be). I would definitely question 41wk 2d - that seems really early to induce. The likelihood is you will go into labour yourself before 42wk if they'd let you make that the date instead. Will be thinking of you sweetie and really really hoping they let you go naturally xxx

August 30th, 2012, 11:49 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Hope it goes well today. KUP

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 30th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping that things get started for you real soon!!

Jan 2010 August 2011

August 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Come on, baby!! Glad they are laying off the induction high horse. Hope the sweep was all you needed!

August 30th, 2012, 03:17 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Hoping all goes well for you and they don't push induction any time soon.

August 30th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Glad he's not being pushy! Hoping the membrane sweep works and I get a message from you later tonight that you're in labour

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 30th, 2012, 04:34 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope the sweep will get things started for you!
August 30th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

August 30th, 2012, 08:25 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Good luck sweetie, I hope things move along for you all on their own ASAP!!

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
August 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Well, I've been contracting all afternoon and they're about 3-4 minutes apart mostly. They're beginning to get more intense so I'm just waiting to see how things progress. I'm sitting on my birthing ball and it seems to make the contractions more intense. I think I'll try sleeping for a while and see what happens.
August 31st, 2012, 01:10 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Yay for a good appointment, Renee.

I've learned that dilation means very little. At my 41+4 appointment I was 2cm. When I went in to be induced, I was 1-2cm so had gone backwards, with a posterior cervix as well when it had been anterior at 40+4. Within an hour of having the pessary, I was 4cm. Within 2 hours, 5-6cm. It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Hang in there sweetie and I will be praying every single day that you go naturally before it comes to induction. Well done for getting them to let you go that last few days, it could be all you need xxx Thinking of you and sending love xxx
Ever likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search