Disposable Diapers

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2012, 02:20 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What brand of diapers are you using? What size is your LO in?

We have been using Huggies up until now. We ran out and have 2 packages of Pampers and I must say, so far I like the Pampers better! All my friends are Huggie parents (or Target brand, seems to be really popular) so I'm shocked I'm liking the Pampers better. As of right now, they seem to fit better and so far we haven't really had any leaks where as with the Huggies we've had a few blowouts. Summer is still wearing Newborn and I don't think she will be in 1s for a while. She's pretty petite.

August 30th, 2012, 05:21 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The hospitals here use pamper swaddlers. He didn't even fit in the NB at birth so we have been in size 1.

August 30th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Super Mommy
My experience is 8 years old :-0 .....but I never had luck with Huggies with my girls but loved Pampers and Luvs. But I'm sure they have changed. Everyone at my baby's shower got me Huggies, my first thought was to exchange them for the other brand but easier said than done, so figure I'll give them a try. Wondering if it's a girl thing? Can't wait to read everyone's response on this one.
August 30th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Veteran
i am really favoring the pampers they do fit Carli better and we have not had any problems with them. someone had bought us the parents choice from walmart and she has leaked out of everyone i put on her!

huge thank you to *kiliki* for the amazing siggy!
August 30th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am a huggies fan for early on. I like the little gusset at the top of the back part cause it has prevented many blowouts. Pampers are softer though. I think I must have a lil chunker cause he just moved into size 2. All my kids jip me out of the newborn phase though

August 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cameron doesn't fit into his cloth diapers yet, so we're using pampers. I had bought a pack of pampers and huggies, and by far prefer the pampers. Regardless of the kind, my husband keeps forgetting to tuck Cameron down, and he pees out the side sometimes!
afwifey09 likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 30th, 2012, 06:13 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
We had one package of every brand, I think. Lol. Theyre all the same to me, no messes in any of them, but I do wish all brands had the wetness indicator, it makes it so easy! She could probably still be in nb for another couple weeks, but I might move her up early since I have a stash of 1s and I'm almost out of nb.
August 30th, 2012, 06:19 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I mostly use cloth, but I use sposies at night and to send to the grandparent's house.

I have always preferred pampers over huggies. But I'm a bigger fan of Target brand. Less chemicals and no perfumes. And affordable.

August 30th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Nikke2527's Avatar Veteran
I love love love Pampers. We had a pack of Huggies and it was OK but we love love love Pampers and have stocked up on those. I do love the Huggies wipes. Anyway Jaden is still in Newborn sizes and will be probably for another 3 weeks or so since he is about 6lbs 5oz right now.
August 30th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
We used Pampers Swaddlers from the start, and that's the brand we intend to use. However, we were given some Hugglies Lil Snugglers in NB. He has outgrown the Pampers NB because he's quite long.But the size 1 are too big. So I reluctantly used the Huggies NB. They have been good for this transition phase until he can fit in the Pampers size 1. However, he has already had a poop blowout in them.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
August 30th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pampers Swaddlers until she hits size 3 and then Target. Worked well for DS.
August 30th, 2012, 07:26 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Love Pampers. They have the highest back I think of all the brands plus they're soft. Huggies is a second but I hate how stiff they are. I despise Luvs.

August 30th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
my cloth is way too big /cry
We've been using pampers nb (which are pretty big too) but I hate that they're scented - it was realised years ago that scented pads and tampons are bad...why would scented diapers be a good idea? and I loath the smell of baby powder.
I'll be sure to remember to buy a different brand next time.
August 30th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are now fully using cloth during the day (I'm still to tired to try to do it at night just yet), but the sposies that we do use are size 1 Pampers Swaddlers. Loved them for DS and still love them for DD. Although cloth is winning me over.

Jan 2010 August 2011

August 30th, 2012, 10:31 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
we are a pampers house. They just fit our kids better. We never EVER get leaks with them. The leg holes on huggies are too big and poo always leaks out the sides. Target dipes are ok, but i only buy pampers now. Luvs fit just like pampers, i think they are made by the same company. They aren't quite as nice, but they work well too. I just don't like the way they smell.

My kids wear cloth during the day, and disposables at night or out and about.

}
August 30th, 2012, 10:35 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I ran out of the huggies and now I'm on to the pampers. Both are just fine for us. I did notice that the huggies hold a lot of pee, but the pampers are softer by far. For us it will be which ever is on sale between the two.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 30th, 2012, 10:54 AM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use cloth mostly. When I was building my stash, we were using the Pampers we got for our baby shower. I much prefer the cloth. Sposies smell really bad. Ick.
August 30th, 2012, 11:28 AM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
We are using Pampers right now - But I like Huggies better. Pampers are bigger then Huggies, from my experience between the two. . . But I always feel like Pampers feel 'moist' once baby pees in them and I HATE that feeling. Adalyn has a few more size NB diapers we're using up, but she's also fitting into size 1's.

August 30th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pampers size one. I prefer them over Huggies.

August 30th, 2012, 11:51 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Yes, the moist feeling with pampers. That's what I don't like. I couldn't describe it. It's like once he's wet the diapers goes from feeling soft, to mushy.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search